ideas for after market G36 parts

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i was thinking about aftermarket part and the lack thereof for the g36 series aeg and that got me thinking what kind of after market parts could you make for the g36 like light handguard that can take modular rails like some M4 handguards.

anyone else got any thoughts?

g36rasl.jpgYou can buy these direct from ARES (full length)

no i am meaning things that have not already been made such as wire stocks or handguards like the ones you can get for M4's. has anyone got somethink they would like to see made by one of the big manufactures?

Would like a midcap with the fake bullets (like the TM lowcaps) just maybe 80-100 rounds?

Also a Heavy Barrel for the full length G36 so i can turn my G36 into a MG36.

Other than that, G36's should keep G36 parts. Don't ruin nice guns by making hybrids :D

Tariq they do the G36 P-mag that has the fake bullets?!?

Thats not the same thing :P

No Magpul is going anywhere near any of my guns.

• Supporters

I like the boxyness of the carry handle scope and the handle rail, but I know some people don't. I can also see that it could get too high up if you put a rail mounted night vision scope on it. How about then, a modified T shaped charging handle that sticks out either side and a very low top rail, the same height all the way to the front of the handguard?

Something I'd love is an ergonomic grip sleeve.

• Supporters

Sort of, but even lower. That is still high enough to get a finger in to operate the charging handle. If the charging handle were accessible without having to put a finger under the rail, it could be dropped to the same height as the top rail on a RIS, so the rail was flat right across the top of the gun.

Thinking about it more, the charging handle would have to be Y shaped, so that as it pivots to either side you always have an angle to pull against.

Archived