New to air soft

-sweet-
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey All ,

So I'm new to the hole world of air soft.....

I'm from essex and was wondering if there is actually anywhere that people play round my area?

I'm looking to buy a rifle as it seems the best fit for me ?

Cheers

O... I'm Ryan btw

Welcome to the forums Ryan.

Well lets get straight to business shall we, do you know what rifle you would like, i.e. an M4, G36, L85, AK?
Decide on that then you'll get loads of help on which manufacturer to buy with whatever budget you have.

Sniper rifles :)

Not the smartest Idea to buy a sniper rifle 1st- you'd be happier buying an AEG to see if you like the sport before splashing out on a decent sniper rifle and upgrades to make it more effective then an AEG.

Hey guys, thought I'd take airsoft seriously from now, only went and bought an SRC m4 as my first! Anyone know any good retailers doing surplus Dpm and tactical vests?

http://www.cadetdirect.com/products1.php?cat=3

These guys sell Grade 1 surplus gear and new stuff, although If you're looking for DPM clothing look on ebay, heard of people buying trousers/shirt/jacket combo for £50 altogether- a great deal cheaper then at some places!

Like which one , cos most guns are auto? So I take it there electric

Pretty much, AEG stands for Auto Electric Gun and covers everything from SMGs to assault rifles. There are electric sniper rifles, but they are rather expensive.

There are also GBB (Gas Blow Back) and CO2 operated guns which aren't recommended for beginners.

Not the smartest Idea to buy a sniper rifle 1st- you'd be happier buying an AEG to see if you like the sport before splashing out on a decent sniper rifle and upgrades to make it more effective then an AEG.

Agreed, my friend was a sniper for one day. He hated it and is going to sell his rifle. Sniping isn't for everyone. Also, I find that a good store for camo stuff is www.military1st.co.uk

• Supporters

Best to avoid the sniping game until you're a lot more experienced and have cash to burn. The rifles simply lack the accuracy and range to actually work as sniper rifles straight from the box, they're generally purchased as upgrade platforms. You'll need a new barrel, hop, trigger, basically an entirely new set of internals of higher quality and tolerance than what the gun comes with in order to make it shoot far enough, accurately enough for you to be able to hit anyone before being shredded by full auto fire from everyone you try and take a shot at.

It takes an ungodly amount of patience and money to get a sniper rifle working as people would want or expect them to.

Stick to full auto weapons in the mean time, they're nice and simple and don't require any upgrading to be used effectively. If you decide you really must have a sniper, then consider a longer electric rifle like an M16 or M14 for a bit of extra range and if that's still not good enough for you, once you've had some experience with taking guns apart, you can mod practically any electric rifle to shoot however you want, high rate of fire, long range, accurate, or a combination of all 3.

If I was you, I'd start off with DPM or Flecktarn as they are cheap ex-issue. You can get a whole set of Grade 1 gear - Trousers, Shirt/Jacket, Headwear for under £50 on eBay.

Grade 1 is worn, but generally in good shape. You could wear it out down the high street, for example, and definitely for airsoft. I can recommend Helikon-Tex. Good retailers like Military1st.co.uk sell the whole range, and it's new, in the most recent cuts and it matches. Multicam is a good option, and you can get a kit of that on eBay for under a £100 if you look properly. If, like me.. you are a bit of a purist loadout and guns wise, having Multicam (or a commercial copy) means essentially that you can be almost any unit as such, as it is widely used.

I've gone for Dutch DPM to be a bit different. Alternatively, you could just go Olive Drab, and get a few M90 Splinter accessories.. a shirt, hat etc and you'll look the biz.. the tactical look.

Loadouts vary so much, and you can easily get carried away buying stuff. My advice is to have a browse through all the patterns and stick to one, and gradually build up the kit. Olive Drab and Tan/Coyote are great base colours that match pretty much all temperate or desert gear.

If you like more exotic camo, you will pay a lot for it and it will be hard to find.

Sweet don't do it....if it 45 quid new then you MIGHT get one skirmish out of it and your gonna be pissed.if you are serious about getting a rifle then think about how you are going to use it....like are you looking to get a gas gun or an electric gun.

personally I use an electric gun...charge batteries,plug in gun,fill up mag and your good to go.

also are you looking to add things like a sight/scope,laser dot,silencer,torch?

if you are then your gonna need something with a ris rail on it ,I use an m4 style rifle because I have all the above on mine(boasting)

I would say you are looking at about £150 to buy a reasonable starter rifle plus add 10 to 20 quid for two tone..and another 15 quid far a battery and 20 quid for the charger and about 14 quid for some good quality bb's ohhh and the shipping.

It cost me about £250 for my G&G gr15 raider with everything to make it go "out of the box"....since thats my experience,thats all I can advise.

I know this seems a lot of money but please dont be put off....you'll be far happier having a rifle that works properly with faultless performance and range than having to worry if your gearbox strips in a game or if your stock is falling off because of VERY cheap parts...

hope this helps buddy!!!

Archived