L129A1, is it possible?

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all,

I was thinking about making a L129 in the future but taking on what Ed said a while ago I don't think its actually possible...

Assuming starting with an SR25. The main issue is with the monolithic upper rail, but would it be possible to use one of a 5.56 AR or would that just not work?

Any input would be great as it would be nice to know if it would actually be possible to get one similarish to a L129

• 1 month later...

I thought the same recently it seems G&P do a similar looking 5.56 the MRP defender 2000. I may get one, not familiar with G&P though

you could probably mod the delta ring with a little piece of rail welded on, this may work? but its just a vague suggestion

• Supporters

Since getting my LSW and being sad that it's not as good as my L85, I've been tempted to get the G&G SR25 URX, or a similar model, and just adding all the furniture I can and deal with the rail and upper receiver being wrong.

Ideally I'd use a G&P as the base gun so if the correct parts ever do become available, I know they'll fit with it. But that's an expensive option for the sake of something that might never happen.

I think you could get it to look close enough to be passable if you just got the correct grip, stock, rail accessories etc. Only annoying thing aside from the rail is that you can't get an airsoft 6x ACOG, so you'd have to use a proper rifle scope, which I think is a little over kill for an airsoft DMR.

Not a bad idea!! Looking at pics in the end I considered selling out for the mk18 route haha. I know g&p do one but I Fancied a functioning bolt catch. The VFC receivers do, can't see a UK shop that sells them.

That with my mp7 would be epic

Archived