Gas grenades / launchers for under 18's?

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

In advance I apologise if I get anything wrong here, I don't have the best knowledge when it comes to this.

I know under 18's are not allowed to use pyrotechnics or BFG's but I was just wondering if under 18's were allowed to use gas grenades such as a tornado grenade or a launcher or mine at a skirmish?

Sorry if this is a stupid question I was just interested to know.

Cheers

Well, gas isn't technically a pyro, so it should be allowed. The airsoft site I go to allows these as long as they are thrown under arm. It's best to ask your site as they'll know as their insurance may or may not allow it.

• Supporters

To my knowledge, the 18 years for pyro purchase is just a law related to fireworks (since that's what disposable pyros are). Using a propane-powered 40mm shell or Tornado isn't massively different to a GBB pistol end of the day, just another type of airsoft device that uses cold gases.

^ agreed, they're good for under 18s but very unreliable. Usually to a bad seal causing the CO2 to leak. I think they work out more expensive than normal pyros as well.

Thanks guys, I was looking at a tornado device and a eglm for my scar, I've heard that co2 grenades aren't the best so i think I'll stay away from them!

• Supporters

Having owned an EGLM and a couple of M203s with various carts, I'd advise against that personally. Great for photos, but the weight vs. effectiveness ratio for skirmishing is just utterly awful. There are people out there who use GLMs and 203s of course, but the amount of weight on your gun just makes it so much worse all round. I'd go for a nice little 40mm pistol; all the same firepower with basically none of the weight and zero added to your primary fighting rifle: win-win-win (imho).

• Supporters

and totally pointless unless their half than RRP IMHO

You would be better off with a Blank firer or Thunder B (I Have 2 and they HAVE Never failed me!) but then i try not to use Frag's so if we play a hostage game mode i don't accidentally kill the hostage and only use Smoke's or Sound Device's

Archived