the loadout challenge bracket 1 (budget)

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay,going to re-do mine now,factoring in everything.

Main Weapon- VSR 10 Gspec----------------------------------------------------------------320€

Upgrades to VSR-Laylax Neo Piston,Spring guide,sear set,PDI barrel spacers----100€

Scope-Strike 3-9x40E Scope-------------------------------------------------------------------50€

Bipod-ACM Harris Bipod-------------------------------------------------------------------------12€
Secondary-
KJW m9-----------------------------------------------------------------------------90€
BDU
-Russian M21 'Les' BDU--------------------------------------------------------------------20€
Rig-Belt+Pouches+Shoulder holster/harness------------------------------------------------15€

Protection-Low Profile steel mesh glasses,Balaclava,elbow+knee pads--------------38€
Accessories-
Camo mesh,VSR 10 magazines,KJW M9 Magazines,water canteen--50€
Boots-
Russian summer patrol boot----------------------------------------------------------30€
Total=725€/612£

Wow...Just...Wow...

• Supporters

I think we're all under the impression that the competition was only for kit that came to less than £400.

All the people who have posted their kit list with no pictures have kit which totalled over £400.

Was the aim to have a contest for people who didnt have very expensive Gucci kit? If so you probably should have mentioned that...

ok back to how it started also it was a challenge for those of you with expensive kit to try and find cheaper alternatives

• Supporters

Oh right, I think I misunderstood then.

Personally I don't feel a need to look for cheaper alternatives... Why would I when I already have everything that I bought at the prices that I did? I tried to find it for the cheapest I could in the first place, looking again and finding it for less would just be depressing lol.

I think it ought to be a competition for people who have built up a practical loadout for under £400, to list what they got, where from and post pictures and then out of those entries we ought to pick a winner.

It'd be a nice insight for new players to look for a full range of entry level kit to get them completely up off the ground and on their airsofterly feet for their first steps into the frays of buying guns, kit, accessories and tacticool gadgets that are just for show, as well as practical accessories and safety gear.

The winning loadout and 2 runners up could be added to the beginners guide with everything about the loadout's fully detailed. I think that'd be a great contribution to the forums, as well as airsofters in general.

Oh right, I think I misunderstood then.

Personally I don't feel a need to look for cheaper alternatives... Why would I when I already have everything that I bought at the prices that I did? I tried to find it for the cheapest I could in the first place, looking again and finding it for less would just be depressing lol.

I think it ought to be a competition for people who have built up a practical loadout for under £400, to list what they got, where from and post pictures and then out of those entries we ought to pick a winner.

It'd be a nice insight for new players to look for a full range of entry level kit to get them completely up off the ground and on their airsofterly feet for their first steps into the frays of buying guns, kit, accessories and tacticool gadgets that are just for show, as well as practical accessories and safety gear.

The winning loadout and 2 runners up could be added to the beginners guide with everything about the loadout's fully detailed. I think that'd be a great contribution to the forums, as well as airsofters in general.

exactly

Can I suggest a loadout competition that does not factor a min or max cost.

Kit list with prices you paid and a single over all picture?

Yea I get what you mean Adam :)

Its a nice idea!

OK you just need to clarify what is to be included...................and then maybe restart the topic.

My idea of a loadout should/could include:

Load carrying kit (belt rig/PC etc)

clothing (trousers, top, jacket, scarf, gloves etc)

boots

head wear (ball cap, helmet etc)

Eye protection

Accessories? (radios/headsets etc.)

weapons? (primary, sidearm)

Mags? (primary,sidearm)

Weapon accessories? (optics, grip, torch)

List things under heading to make it clear. Would also suggest ONE picture of the overall kit.

Whilst i like the "on a budget" idea i thnk that many people dont have a budget kit and budget is sometimes budget for a reason and new players need to know the cost of a range of kit not just the cheapo stuff.

Just my suggestion. :P

If you're trying to do budget kit I wouldn't include weapons in the cost, loadout tends to refer just to kit anyway

I agree in the most part but some loadouts/impressions are built around the weapon.

• Supporters

The problem is that if its built to a budget the chances are (as juni0r said) its a new player. Older /more experienced players aren't likely to cut down or get new stuff for this.

I +1 that a general competition would be better not taking into account cost, thus making it fair for everyone.

• Supporters

What if we had two separate threads? One for experienced and one for new players on a budget?

'Cos I think it's the newer players that are going to need a helping hand in knowing what sort of stuff to buy and where to get it from.

That's a good idea, seperate threads. Personally, on my three kits..

DDPM G1 Osprey MK1 Vest = £26.00

DDPM G1 issued RM shirt = £8.00

Cotton Trader Tan Boots = £22.50

DDPM Knee Pads = £7.00

Plain Coyote T-shirt = £3.50

DDPM Kelvar MK6 Helmet = £28.00 or Plastic Replica with cover for £12.00

Black Mesh Goggles = £4.00

Oakley Combat Gloves in Tan = £20.00

= £119 without a gun (or £107 with plastic helmet)

Dutch DPM G1 Issued Lightweight Trousers = £18.00

Dutch DPM G1 Issued Lightweight Shirt = £5.50

Dutch DPM G1 Issued Lightweight Jacket = £9.00

Dutch DPM G1 Issued Heavyweight Parka = £15.00

Dutch DPM G1 Issued MOLLE Vest = £24.00

Olive Drab T-Shirt = £3.50

DPM Kelvar MK6 Helmet = £28.00 or Plastic Replica with cover for £12.00

= £133 without a gun and plastic helmet.

Flecktarn G1 Issued Shirt = £9.00

Flecktarn G1 Issued Trousers = £12.00

Flecktarn Kelvar MK6 Helmet = £28.00 or Plastic Replica with cover for £17.00

= £95.50 without a gun with MK6 helmet.

Not bad I think. All G1 Issued gear, with a lot of new stuff in there.

Archived