Kit, kit and more kit

Jubigala
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey.

I'm just trying to finish off some of my kits, and wondered if you guess know the answers to my questions. I have Flecktarn, DDPM and Dutch DPM, all in standard ex-issue/surplus cuts.

I'm looking for a generic helmet that I can use for all my kits, so that means I need to get covers. I'm thinking something light, doesn't have to steel, only for airsoft of course, but something that I can use multiple covers with. I don't need anything tactical, swat, or too modern (rails, and all that jazz).

I'm not sure what type of helmet that is called. I think it is called an MK6, and that would go with all my kit plans.

Also, I am looking for a generic rig/vest. Can someone explain what types of vest do what? I need something that I can clip accessories onto for a personal set-up, I think that is called a MOLLE system (the one that has all the elastic straps across the chest in what looks like a sleeveless vest/waistcoat type cut). I think that'd be best for me.

Any help appreciated.

Sorry for the complete noobness of my post!

• Supporters

I have a MK6 I'm about to put up for sale if your interested?

Not too sure on what your trying to describe but I've seen a Molle vest similar but without the elastic (no elastic in molle) (I'll go get that link for you then!)

@ CraigW-H. That'd be cool. I'm looking to spend no more than £20 on a helmet inc P+P. I could buy one today for £17, but it appears to be a different type of helmet, and doesn't look authetic to a DDPM loadout.

I have deduced that the MOLLE system is the one that has the strips across the vest (it looked like elastic, but I don't think it is as you say), which are normally about an inch wide and you can clip pouches in any set-up you like. I've seen plenty of those, in Dutch DPM and Desert DPM for £26-35, some with pouches, some not. I've seen a nice Osprey DDPM MOLLE vest, so i'll likely get that.

The DDPM is not that much use in woodland of course, I guess that's why it's cheapest and everywhere, so I'm torn between Olive and Coyote, and then I can add pouches and it may blend in more. I can use it at Epsom I guess.

With helmets, I'd prefer a MK6 for the look, but I don't really need Kevlar or steel for airsoft, do I.. from a functional POV? I'm sure moulded plastic would do, and I've seen one that is £12, with a Desert DPM cover. Or the M88's. Seems a better idea to get Kevlar, for a bit more, but I don't think I really essentially need Kevlar?

What do you guys think of this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360575881836?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

M88s look quite old in style and a bit old school and tend to look a bit off if your impression isn't meant to have one IMO

The most generic helmet today for western armies has to be the MICH 2000. Its used by tons of countries today, including the UK in some select units and the Dutch as well and looks very similar in design to many countries own helmets. Covers aren't hard to find for them as well

MICH 2000s also have about 8% less coverage than the M88 which makes them lighter and provides better situasional awareness

• Supporters

Hey Just checked it's actually a MK6A With a MTP Cover Unsure if it would be any good to you or not i was gonna put it up for £30 All in but if you can Stretch i'll do £23 (i ask for the £3 to cover Paypal or Postage)

Talking about being functional More than anything most people don't wear Helmet's and their fine so it would Bump Look's up Higher and a Mich or MK6 would IMHO Better (Although i'd still choose to be safe from falling over and whacking my head and China Copy's won't protect you from that!) Then again i Just bought an Actual OpsCore Fast Bump A Couple week's ago (Waiting on it to come from the US once the backlog and shiz is done!) because i SnowBoard/MountainBike/do Airsoft where i literally do climb up the outside of Buildings! (Atleast i did when HTA Was at their old site!) But just have a Butcher's for which one's you can get the correct cover's for IMO!

I got luck with my helmet and picked up an Element Fast helmet for £25!

I think for your budget you are looking at a viper PASGT (M88) helmet. BUT the will offer NO protection from close range fire. My mates one wouldn't even stop a pistol round from close range!....went straight through.

Archived