How do you make your cuppa?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, having recently read a lively discussion on tea-making in the angry thread, I thought I'd see how AFUK make their brews.

We all know an airsofter marches on his (or her) stomach, and a good strong cuppa is an important part of this.

Personally, I won't drink any tea that hasn't been in a proper teapot. Mine is a very swish bone-china affair and holds enough to make about three man-sized mugs of tea, thus, I put four teabags in it.

The water has to be boiling, literally if I haven't gotten to the kettle within seconds of it clicking off, I'll reboil. Then, you stir, clockwise (always clockwise, infact you can actually tell if someone lacks a soul because they'll stir anticlockwise). Let it stew for a couple of minutes before pouring.

After pouring, you want to pour in maybe a tablespoons-worth of milk, tea should only just be frightened by the milk, none of this filfthy brown-water crap for Finius, no sir.

Finally, add two sugars and stir clockwise again.

Of vast importance, is that you leave the spoon in. The spoon makes a lot of difference and enables on the fly conversational stirring when one of your fellow gentlemen is engaging you in a length discussion about the fine points of tea-brewing.

Naturally, you should drink it whilst it's still hot and make sure that if you dunk, you use one of the two pre-approved biscuits; rich tea or custard cream, failure to do so may lead to contamination.

Last, but not least, remember than teabag and milk choices are important too. Never skimmed, preferably semi skimmed, but if you must use full-fat, make sure its fresh.

Finally, teabags, never go cheap. Cheap tea has a sour aftertaste. I get mine delivered by ringtons and it's perfect (I've converted many coffee people to tea using these magical bags).

What say you AFUK?

• Supporters

What say you AFUK?

You've got far too much time on your hands ;)

• Supporters

I drink coffee, out of a mug that says "Tea sucks" whilst being referred to by everyone as Satan, and loving it. ^_^

Oh and I stir anticlockwise just because 'anti' makes it sound more evil.

When i was living in Japan i drank 'Royal milk tea' but it was *prepares for backlash* powdered instant tea, with milk and sweetner all in one. It wa really nice cold in summer with ice. :) But now in the uk i guess just the normal way, tea bag, sugar, hot water, let it brew a while, add milk.

I dunk Bourbon biscuit's. You can burn your fingers dunking a Custard Cream!

Just hate it when you dunk it for too long and it goes all floppy and drops into your tea! That's why you leave the teaspoon in the cup! :D

I never have the same cup of tea twice it appears. I always have two sugars however and never have it from a teapot. I only have biscuits if I have milk. I only have milk, if I fancy a biscuit. If someone trustworthy gives me a cup of tea, no matter what it is (the type of tea) I will always drink it. I rarely drink a whole cup of tea, as I forget I have actually got a cup of tea!

My standard answer to 'how do you like your tea?' .. Surprise me.

Yes, I am slightly crazy.

• Supporters

The Best tea = Mum

My Tea when she isn't around Boil, Place TeagBag in Mug, 1 Sugar now (Just incase anyone walk's in), Pour Boiled water, let sit while Hopping around getting Tea Spoon and Semi-Skimmed, Place Tea spoon in Water Pour Milk untiul at correct Biscuit dipping height (Has to survive 8 Custard Cream's 2 Digestive Biscuits if I'm Lucky a Cookie for the Lulz) Milk cannot exceed more than 15% of the total volume of Tea, Stir Clockwise until mini Typhoon is whirling around cup *Now Imitate typhoon* Collect Biscuit's and Bugger off using the tea as a Nice little hand warmer (Still Boiling hot though)

Fire the tea leaves in a tea pot,boil ze water,it must not be boiling,or lukewarm.Has to be in the perfect spot between boiling and lukewarm..pour it in when ready.Let it brew while I prepare a plate of tea biscuits and such.When it's ready,pour it into the cup,with 2 and a half teaspoons of sugar in it.Stir it thoroughly until a typhoon enough to wipe out 50 Japans is in the cup.No milk,ruins the taste of the tea.

Sip it lightly every minute or so until desired drinking heat is obtained.Dip biscuits in and nomthem,then proceed to chug the tea.

All while this is going on another cup is ready on standby.

As an ex service man I don't really care how my tea looks or tastes as long as its tea.....no coffee for this man..ever.

Sometimes its leaves in a tea pot, mostly its tea bags. Sometimes its milk in first, sometimes afterwards. If especially tired I have been known to forget the tea bag and still drink it. I have colleauges who are ex matelot's and they seem to like it with a skin on top. No sugar for me, unless hungover (a rarity these days) or really knackered, and then its two

Only real consistancy to my tea drinking is that it has to be just the right temperature to drink it in one go, so not too hot, not too cold, just right. It does mean that my brew sits for 10 mins or so before I even try it :)

• Supporters

I just put 25p in the machine and hope for the best :P

Or if I'm at home it's milk 2 sugars :)

• 3 weeks later...

PG Tips - can't go wrong! No time wasted between boiling point and the pouring into the mug. Add milk until it's that lovely light - ish brown shade. Two sugars, three if I'm having a dodgy day - normally picks me up a bit. Stir whichever way I feel like (ooh... Controversial). Take the spoon out before starting to sip - stir once and stir well!

Drink over a fairly long period of time, I prefer tea when it isn't super - hot. I'll have any biscuits if available at the time, my preferred biscuits are probably Custard Creams.

Coffee is the work of the devil.

My Tea cup is 2 pints.

I brew it with 3 tea bags.

and I have 5 sugars in the cup.

So you ask how Do I brew my cuppa.

Step one - Climb the Tibetan mountains and reach the temples at its peak

Step two - Beat the crap out of a monk till his tears fill up my flask

Step Three - Travel to Darjeeling and steal the a handful of the worlds best tea leaves.
Step Four - Find a sweet Innocent virgin and beat the sweetness out of her. and havest it for later.

Step Five - Travel to the village of Derweze and boil the monks tears in the gates of hell.

Step Six - add in the tea leaves and the virgins sweetness

Step Seven - SUMMON SATAN, Ask him if he wants some tea
Step Eight - Look down into the black abyss that is your tea and ponder, Why the Fcuk didnt I get milk.

Step Nine - Drink tea and feel like a MAN!

Well, you see, we terrorists love to invade india for their lovely jasmine tea.

This is our method:

1. Get our AKs at the ready; no need to clean them, they are always ready!

2. Load the ammo; us terrorists can't even count how many bullets go into an AK mag, so we fill it till it stops filling.

3. Wear a balaclava; well, you see, us terrorists don't have proper balaclavas, so a strip of our underwear will do!

4. Invade; we do this by charging in the direction of india and at the same time shouting "ALALALALALALALALALa!"

5. Get lost; this is our main problem... Us terrorists can't even navigate properly, screw compasses and maps, we rely on our own senses!

We didn't say we would be successful....

• 3 weeks later...

Well I start by making tea. 425ml with 2 teabags heated at approximately 127°c for 3 minutes. Then I put it in a fresh teapot. Next I fill a tea cup with fire tongue whiskey matured in an oak and maple barrel matured for exactly 236 years, 5 days, 13, hours, 47 minutes, and 5 seconds. Then I pick up the tea pot and throw it at an orphan I adopted then drink the whiskey. Bonus points if you blind the orphan or a piece of broken teapot pierces an artery. I then return the orphan to the Mexican orphanage and tell him no one will ever want him.

his thread is now becoming Epic.

Archived