Black viper shirt

mattypug
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Damn it! just tried on my new black viper spec ops padded top and even though its an XXL its a little bit comfy round the front (basically im a fat bastard) anyone have any ideas on similar tops for slightly portly air softing noobs?

And dont say diet!!!!! im quicker than i look lol

mat

I use the same shirt and i'm also of the larger size. Once I have my chest rig on though it doesn't really bother me. Try wearing a base layer underneath to hold in some of the wobbly bits :)

Those shirts are designed to be worn under armour so are meant to be a bit snugger than a normal button up shirt. Let's face it, there aren't many fatties in the army so they ain't exactly designed for most airsofters ;-) Think yourself lucky that they now mostly use coolmax type material for the body. The early ones all used spandex so were incredibly figure hugging - that's seriously not a good look for most people! Although I did see an attractive blonde girl wearing one very well at a skirmish a while back ;-)

The British army issue ones tend to come up quite big - I'm also "overly muscular" around the stomach *ahem* and find them to be designed to be a lot looser than most. I can't find any stockists, but there were some black genuine issue ones floating around eBay for about £30 a pop. Or there are plenty of desert DPM and MTP ones around now.

As said the material used is design to wick the sweat away from the body so is meant to be skin tight. If you are not comfortable with that then i would suggest a different style of shirt.

Thanks chaps, actually after wearing for a while around the house it seems a little better than originally thought! yey! although, the wife was already looking at unstitching the arms and attaching to something a little more comfortable? bless her..

• Supporters

It's the collar I have a problem with on mine. I'm not exactly skinny myself, but as has been said, they're for under a vest/plate carrier. I'd imagine that something you'll want to consider in your choice of chest rig is how high up it sits, because a tight plate carrier with wobbly belly sticking out down to a belt, like a jelly torus, really isn't going to do anyone's self esteem any good.

Archived