TM - PX4 Custom (Tokyo Marui)

iAcorn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

PX4 Custom - Tokyo Marui

FPS: 280-290
Hop up: Located inside the slide and accessed easily by locking the slide back. A very nice touch as most other pistols require removing the slide altogether which is a pain in the backside!
Mag Capacity: 25r double stacked. But I tend to always leave one round out to be sure nothing will jam like it did with my WE1911
Plastic/Metal/Both: As this is a Tokyo Marui, all the externals and barrel are made of a very high quality ABS PLASTIC. But this is by no means a bad thing. Some of the internals are metal. The magazine is also metal.

- Opinion & Overall Comments -

I actually wanted to buy this as a christmas present to myself but being as this is a pretty high end pistol, I could not afford it. It comes with quite a hefty price tag, with Redwolf UK quoting me £180, and my local airsoft site was also selling them for £180. In the end I bought it from Wolf Armouries for £144. It is also available from ZeroOne airsoft for about £148. The price has gone slightly up since xmas when it was sitting on these two sites for £140. In comparison to an entry level pistol this is pretty expensive. I bought a full metal WE1911 with two mags for £120 last year. So you can instantly see just how much the top end stuff costs.

In The Box

The box itself is pretty nice... But it is a box after all so not much point talking about it. Inside there is a nice snug fit which the pistol sits in. Easy to store, tidy away and transport without damage. It comes with one magazine loaded inside the grip, but there is also room inside the box to store a spare. On the right there are also two extra backstraps to alter the ergonomics of the grip. One smaller and one larger than the standard it comes fitted to. But to be honest the normal one fits my hands just fine (and I have small hands). Finally there are a few high quality TM BBs, a cleaning rod and two small clips to hold the magazine follower down to allow dry fire. All the instructions are in Japanese.

Spare mags cost about £20 - £25 and only one is included in the box, which is normal to be honest. Not many manufacturers sell their products with a spare magazine.

The PX4

So this is a replica of the Baretta PX4 Storm. But I guess due to lisencing or some legal issue they named it the PX4 Custom. It has all the trademarks and such as you would expect, and even a matching ID number across the pistol.

In terms of size it is a very compact pistol. About 19cm long, making it smaller then a standard 1911, Glock 17 and M9. But it does seem slightly fatter than the 1911 (but the 1911 uses a single stack magazine and holds less gas), but I like this. It fits my hands very well and I can operate all the features without having to change hand positions.

In terms of construction you really get what you pay for. Even though it is plastic, the way it is made is just out of this world. Everything works as it should (duh) and shaking the pistol you can tell everything is a good fit. Unlike some cheaper pistols which have some leeway on the slide wobble.

They have also included the rotating barrel found on the real steel. This has no effect on the performance of the airsoft but it is a nice touch... And looks awesome!

There is an ambidextrous safety which also works as a de-cocker, which is nice. And the locking lever is within reach of the tumb too, which was a problem for me when I was using a 1911 as I have small hands. However this pistol allows you to pull the slide back a little to release the slide forward when out of ammo. Which is nice too. The final feature is the trigger can be either double action or single. Without cocking the hammer, a trigger pull will be long and offer resistance because it will pull the hammer back and then fire. When the hammer is cocked, the trigger pull is crisp and light.

It can run on both Duster and Green gas. I currently only have duster, but the cycle is clean and the kick is pretty darn good. Not too harsh but not weak either. Just right. I plan on getting green gas when I run out of red. So far the gas usage is brilliant too. Since it is plastic and light there is less weight to move and Im guessing less gas needed to do the job. I have ran maybe 2 mags through it so far and still not needed to refill. Excellent considering my 1911 could do a mag and a half (holding 14 rounds).

To finish off, the pistol also has a bottom rail to attach an accessory, along with some pretty awesome sights and seems to be accurate to about 20-25m which is impressive for a pistol! However outside with wind I am not sure. My rating below is based upon test fires and how it feels in a NON SKIRMISH environment. I will update this when I have run it through its paces. But so far, MY GOD THIS PISTOL IS BEAUTIFUL!

Overall Rating:
9/10 (PRE SKIRMISH)

?/10 (POST SKIRMISH)

PICTURES

20130313115436.jpg

20130313115335.jpg

20130313115309.jpg
Below: You can see the hop up wheel inside the slide
20130313115251.jpg

Nice review. This is a pistol I have been looking at getting for myself so cant wait to see what you think of it after a skirmish!

I usually record my games so I will try and use the pistol as much as possible when I do so you can see it in action. I wont be skirmishing for at least 2 weeks though :( Ample time to get a serpa and spare mag

• Supporters

Red gas? Are you sure about that?

Red gas? Are you sure about that?

Or is it called duster gas? I have no idea. I got it from my site and the label is red haha (abbey predator gas)! It works just fine with it. I will amend my review if I get the gasses wrong though.

• Supporters

Red gas as far as I'm aware is really mentally powerful, like a sort of Green gas/CO2 middle grounder. Comes in cans instead of capsules, but a lot of guns can't handle it, TM plastics definitely wouldn't.

It's also not sold in the UK, I've never actually seen it for sale anywhere else either for that matter, though it's not often I look to buy gas from overseas... So that's probably why.

I might be completely wrong, but I think you do mean Duster, or Maintenance/134a gas.

Aside from all that though, sweet review! Haha.

Yeah the gas I have been using is Abbey Predator Ultra. But it does not say what it actually is on the label... I am doing some research right now

<Protoss voice> RESEARCH COMPLETE </Protoss Voice>

It seems to be inbetween 134a and Green Gas?

• 1 year later...

I own one of these and it performs really well, saved my skin a few times. Out the box it's pretty accurate but even with the hop up where it is I find it hard to adjust quickly

Archived