sniper scope cover and rail extenders

godfather
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I am still working on my TM L96. Got my scope through the mail today and realised...that the scope shield is much smaller than the scope (it can cover red dots and holographics). So can anyone give me some links for sniper scope protectors? thanks.

On top of that, I found I cannot possibly mount the scope and the scope shield together, the rail is not long enough. Any there any products in existence that will extend the length of my rail safely onto the barrel? (my L96 barrel is VERY long).

There is another option, using the scope with the scope covers that is provided, however I don't think they are designed for the same purpose of a scope shield, and thus are very much thinner. Any ideas on whether they will be able to deflect a bb hit? or stop it from going onto the glass of my scope?

any help is much appreciated

If you are talking about the covers connected by elastic then the perspex isn't optical quality, so your view through them will be a bit naff.

You could try a killflash for the diameter of your front lens. They are usually enough to stop a BB hitting the lens, in the event that someone gets a lucky shot in.

Archived