Need small bit of advice to get into airsoft

Niall
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, completely new to airsoft but wanted to give it a try as i think ill love it! Was planning to go to my local skirmish in Exeter, devon and rent a gun for a few times to see if i get into it before splashing out but do i literally just turn up on my own and join a game with strangers or do you normally go as a group of forum members etc? Dont want to be a billy no mates there!

Thanks in advance

Hi Niall, its up to you what you do really!

Personally, I went on my own as none of my friends shared the interest, I made friends within my first day and I'm sure you will mate! On a whole, the airsofting community is very friendly and welcoming towards new players, but as with everything you will get a few bad apples...

My advice would be if you don't feel comfortable going alone, ask a few friends to come and make a lads day out of it ; if you all enjoy it you could be well on your way to forming a team!

Best of luck, play safe and welcome to the forums :)

Yeah just go for it bro...my first game I was all billy no mates but its surprising how quick you'll make friends and the rush is awesome when you bag your first kill.although its great fun I must wrn you'i couldnt walk for a few days afterwards because all the crouching and scuttling around really puts a strain on muscles I ain't used since I was a kid!!

happy hunting dude!

Yea just looking for a weekend hobby! Do a bit of motocross but its quite a hassle sometimes. Ill get all the gear and stuff when i know im going to stick at it but im well up for it. Dont know why i didnt think of it before

I have no mates who play regularly, so I tend to just turn up at a site on my own. There's plenty of people to talk to ;-)

You could post up on here where and when you are planning to go - there's probably a forum member who'll be there too and will come over and say hello.

I started in May of last year and I started on my own. I knew nobody at all! Everybody was awesome and it was a lot of fun! Don't worry about going on your own. You'll make friends through teamwork. Just say hi. Thats it. Talking about peoples gear is always a good place to start too... Airsofters LOVE talking about gear.

I managed to take my friend along to a skirmish once and I got him hooked, so now I got an airsoft buddy who goes with me most of the time. He just got his own rifle now.

Also make sure you're ready for the day! Extra socks, good boots with ankle support, food, LOTS of water, money and a good attitude :)

Hi, completely new to airsoft but wanted to give it a try as i think ill love it! Was planning to go to my local skirmish in Exeter, devon and rent a gun for a few times to see if i get into it before splashing out but do i literally just turn up on my own and join a game with strangers or do you normally go as a group of forum members etc? Dont want to be a billy no mates there!

Thanks in advance

I usually go alone, if I go with people so far its only been people I meet thru airsoft!

just turn up, enough cash for rental, have some extra cash, if you run out of ammo, for food (or bring a sandwhich n drink) and unexpected expenses! if you have boots, wear them, if not, watch your steps. also be there well in time so you can be equipped in time.

Archived