Will a new li-po 2200, 7.4 affect FPS?

damoaxcell
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Like I've said in my previous post I'm new to air soft and just want general advise and reassurance I guess.

First of all, after putting my li-po 2200, 7.4 on the balance charger for the first time, it was fully charged just after approx 1 hour. Does this sound normal for a first time charge? I'm still stuck in a time where battery's needed a 16hr first charge?

Secondly, I had the my G36c put on a chrono with a out of box battery and it was firing about 350fps. When I put my new Li-po in, will this increase my fps?

Thanks in advance.

Damo

Lipos charge much quicker than Nihms, so an hour is OK. I've got a 7.4V 2200mah Lipo as well and that's always charged in an hour or so.

The Lipo won't make any difference to fps. It might make a difference to rounds per minute, but the only things that change fps are springs, airseal and hop rubbers / hop pressure. Leaving the spring slightly compressed will take a bit of strength out of it and will drop your fps down a bit, as will putting a few thousand rounds through it. 350 is a bit close to the limit for some sites. Many will stop you using it if it fires over 350, even by 1 or 2 fps.

It should, although I have known some that have actually increased, as the airseal parts (particularly the piston seal) wore in and actually sealed better and put out more pressure. It could also drop dramatically if the piston seal dries out and reduces compression, in which case a strip and re-lube will be on the cards.

You can run it indoors if you have the rounds to spare. Just get hold of a largish cardboard box, stuff the inside with an old sheet or some old clothes, then shoot at it from maybe 5-10 feet away. The sheet will stop the bbs penetrating the far side and the box will collect the spent BBs and you will help the gun and the hop rubber get "run in" after 3 or 4 hicaps worth of bbs.

Cheers. Thanks for your comments, help and advise. You seem a fountain of knowledge.

The shop where I purchased my gun, battery etc, are helpful but i can tell that they get tits off getting asked a shit load of questions. Lol

Thanks again.

Archived