Cyma aks

Hendy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Interested in buying a cheapish new aeg and had been looking at a few cyma aks of taiwamgun.com but can't really decide if I should go for the 74u variant or not also interested in hearing if any one has any experience with them and if they are decent.

I have had a fair few cycma's. All absoloutly bullet proof guns. Will need a spring downgrade as they are all 400fps+

I have had a fair few cycma's. All absoloutly bullet proof guns. Will need a spring downgrade as they are all 400fps+

Ah nice did you buy them from uk retailers?

• Supporters

I have a CYMA tactical AK47 product code CM .028u - it was really good until I started messing with it. Like seriously, the range and accuracy were incredible compared to everything else I'd fired up until then and better than most I've fired since. The spring was a little hot, but not 400 FPS, it was under 370 but only just - this was what started me fiddling with it, because I wanted to get it just under 350, but once I'd started I just kept going lol! I suspect that if I'd known what I was doing from the start, it would still be ok, but I damaged parts of the plastic receiver and zinc alloy gearbox shell. TBH, I may yet buy another exactly the same... although they are getting a bit rare now.

If you can you should check the product code because there is a faux wooden furniture version CM .022 which is shit.

I haven't tried the new generation CM .042 but they are all metal and a bit more expensive than the .028 varients - I wouldn't be surprised if they are really good too - all CYMA guns come with a 6.04mm tight bore inner barrel as standard. The thing is that the 'all metal' will probably be zinc alloy (pot metal) so, again, I wouldn't mess with it unless you know what you are doing. I have to say that, even though I'm a fan, I am less than confident that their electric blowback guns will last as long as more expensive makes without repair, just because pot metal does crack and a faux bolt rattling back and forth every shot must be a source of metal fatigue. But like I say, I haven't had one, so that's pure speculation...

Got a url for the one you're considering?

I have a CYMA tactical AK47 product code CM .028u - it was really good until I started messing with it. Like seriously, the range and accuracy were incredible compared to everything else I'd fired up until then and better than most I've fired since. The spring was a little hot, but not 400 FPS, it was under 370 but only just - this was what started me fiddling with it, because I wanted to get it just under 350, but once I'd started I just kept going lol! I suspect that if I'd known what I was doing from the start, it would still be ok, but I damaged parts of the plastic receiver and zinc alloy gearbox shell. TBH, I may yet buy another exactly the same... although they are getting a bit rare now.

If you can you should check the product code because there is a faux wooden furniture version CM .022 which is shit.

I haven't tried the new generation CM .042 but they are all metal and a bit more expensive than the .028 varients - I wouldn't be surprised if they are really good too - all CYMA guns come with a 6.04mm tight bore inner barrel as standard. The thing is that the 'all metal' will probably be zinc alloy (pot metal) so, again, I wouldn't mess with it unless you know what you are doing. I have to say that, even though I'm a fan, I am less than confident that their electric blowback guns will last as long as more expensive makes without repair, just because pot metal does crack and a faux bolt rattling back and forth every shot must be a source of metal fatigue. But like I say, I haven't had one, so that's pure speculation...

Got a url for the one you're considering?

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-045a-cm_1.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-045-cm_1.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric_air_soft_guns/cm_028a_tactical_1.html

Considering one of these but will need to get the spring sorted for them as fps limit at my site is 328. Is pot metal light?

I'm not sure about Cymas having a 6.04mm barrel as standard...past 30m I was getting huge deviations to the right and left with the stock barrel every few shots. Madbull 6.03mm tightbore solved that no sweat.

Tbh I wouldn't delve into the gearbox of any Cyma weapon myself, fiddling past the hop and barrel is far enough in my opinion.

• Supporters

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-045a-cm_1.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric-air-soft-guns/cm-045-cm_1.html

http://www.taiwangun.com/electric_air_soft_guns/cm_028a_tactical_1.html

Considering one of these but will need to get the spring sorted for them as fps limit at my site is 328. Is pot metal light?

Yeah pot metal is lighter than steel, but the blurb on those AKS 74U's says aluminium so that may be good news.

The blurb on the tac AK says ali & ABS - well I dunno. The .028 I have has an ABS plastic receiver and steel outer barrel, sights, trigger guard etc.

It also says 6.08mm inner barrel which I think is incorrect - for one because someone who supplies & techs guns told me 6.04mm, but also because I've swapped the standard barrel out of my SRC Gen 3 G36KV for my 455mm CYMA AK barrel and gained range and accuracy.

BTW, the battery that comes with is shit. I've run it flat in 35mins of hard skirmishing... Get a VP 1600mAh battery, or 2 if you fire a lot, for a whole day.

The CYMA charger works fine though.

Does your site say 328 +/- 5%? Because if so, 350FPS is the hard limit and, regardless of what some people will claim, those 20FPS absolutely capital D DO make a difference.

the metal AKsu's are fine weight wise, the full metal full size ak's are quite heavy.

The 028 range is their entry level guns and have plastic bodies. Nowt wrong with that I've had 2 myself and they were great.

I have had 2x 028 range guns, both fine worked well, shot well and were quite light. Sold as I like to change a lot.

I have had a cmo31d, which was second hand, had shot a bucket of bb's through (about 50k) and was still going strong when I sold it.

I have a cm042 tactical and I have opened the gearbox up and changed stuff and they are easy to work on and very solid guns, just with being full metal they do weigh a bit.

I have also had one of the first cm RPK's, and that was a beast!

I would heartily recomend any of the choices you have made, with one of the Aksu's being my weapn of choice. Tiawan gun will also do a spring downgrade for you at the cost of the spring, and will include a FPS sheet in with the gun as well.

• Supporters

Like I said, I'm a fan but I just remembered something...

You can get an ICS AKS 74U from Fire Support for £215 - I have one and it is lovely. The only problem I have with it is that it's a pig to disassemble and stock fires at 318FPS-ish, which is not so good for woodland...

Thanks for the response guys will be sorting out getting one of them with in the next month or two

Like I said, I'm a fan but I just remembered something...

You can get an ICS AKS 74U from Fire Support for £215 - I have one and it is lovely. The only problem I have with it is that it's a pig to disassemble and stock fires at 318FPS-ish, which is not so good for woodland...

Had a look at it looks nice but way out of my price range

Archived