a good range to zero your guns

godfather
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, just got my TM l96 and I am upgrading it to 500FPS. spent well over 600 all together...now the next step, I will need a range that is around 100 meters to zero it in. I also got a G&P M4 which I need to zero in to around 35-40 meters. I used to go gun club, but max there is 50 meters.

2 questions.

1-am I allowed to take airsoft guns and zero it in in a firearms clubs.

2-are there any ranges in/near London that fits my requirements.

• Supporters

I always zero my rifles to 20m as it's the length of my garden.

So long as you get the left and right alignment right, the up and down can be adjusted on the fly, or using the hop up. If you get the shots flying straight then they'll peak the crosshair at 20m and then very gradually fall as the hop fights gravity, keeping it right on the crosshair for another 20 or so metres as the sight will be angled down slightly in relation to the barrel and then when the range drops off you're past the point where aiming helps anyway.

Plus, I don't think you need to bother going to a range to zero a scope, it only takes 2 minutes to do it by eye whilst you're on site at your skirmish field, travelling all the way to a range for the sake of a 2 minute job just isn't worth it. As for whether it's allowed, you'd be best ringing the range, as I imagine it'd be different depending on the mindset of the person who runs it.

I always zero my rifles to 20m as it's the length of my garden.

So long as you get the left and right alignment right, the up and down can be adjusted on the fly, or using the hop up. If you get the shots flying straight then they'll peak the crosshair at 20m and then very gradually fall as the hop fights gravity, keeping it right on the crosshair for another 20 or so metres as the sight will be angled down slightly in relation to the barrel and then when the range drops off you're past the point where aiming helps anyway.

Plus, I don't think you need to bother going to a range to zero a scope, it only takes 2 minutes to do it by eye whilst you're on site at your skirmish field, travelling all the way to a range for the sake of a 2 minute job just isn't worth it. As for whether it's allowed, you'd be best ringing the range, as I imagine it'd be different depending on the mindset of the person who runs it.

thanks dude, but I am talking about a 500fps bolt action sniper that shoots 100 meters lol

Hey guys, just got my TM l96 and I am upgrading it to 500FPS. spent well over 600 all together...now the next step, I will need a range that is around 100 meters to zero it in. I also got a G&P M4 which I need to zero in to around 35-40 meters. I used to go gun club, but max there is 50 meters.

2 questions.

1-am I allowed to take airsoft guns and zero it in in a firearms clubs.

2-are there any ranges in/near London that fits my requirements.

1. call them in advance and ask. if they have not heard about airsoft call it an air rifle (technically, according to the law that's what it is since its above 1 joule)

2. yup, cant recommend any in particular thou, google it!

Archived