Still dont particularly like g&g but....

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I think G&G might be paving the way in airsoft right now, have you heard about their new split gearbox is more detail? It's basically a PTW internal system for a regular AEG, it has all the proper fire control drills, fine tune fps adjustments, bolt release and charging handle functionality and it's fitted with a MOSFET, on top of being a split design. All very interesting stuff. The only thing G&G lack now are licensing rights to have the proper trades.

I think it might be time for me to buy a proper AR platform rifle.

IWA did also have some Real Sword guns on show though, including their AR line up, so whoever it was that told me they'd shelved the project appears to have been wrong.

• Supporters

It might well have been me that said they might have shelved it. They haven't really announced anything new about them in the last two years as far as I've heard other than last year when they said they were saving them for the right time -whatever that means. Would be nice if they're released soon though, haven't heard anything else though. They also appear to have just had an m4 at Iowa whereas previously they had a eg and gbbr variants of m4' and m16's so I assume they could be having issues with them?

Agreed on that ed, The only companies really putting out new stuff these days are KWA, G&G, WE and tm. Will be nice to see how this compares to the ASAR. I wonder where they will be priced? Higher than top techs I'd assume so it seems logical that they'll be competing against TM recoils or even CTW's

Speaking of G&G. They released their take on the Elcan SpectreDr at some point last year, and its had a few good reviews off the net.

Just wondering if any of you guys had got hands on one of these? Retail is £150 ish so not cheap, but supposedly its the best one out there, I'm still deciding!

Liam

• Supporters

Some one on arnies said these will sell for $450 for the gb. Not sure how that'd work with the pistol grip qd feature, unless its a drop in trigger guard.

For that price its cheaper than a reliable ptw but I think I'd go for a tm recoil over it, that said more options is always good. And that price could always be wrong.... which seems likely.

Speaking of G&G. They released their take on the Elcan SpectreDr at some point last year, and its had a few good reviews off the net.

Just wondering if any of you guys had got hands on one of these? Retail is £150 ish so not cheap, but supposedly its the best one out there, I'm still deciding!

Liam

I'm waiting for one at the moment. I think they are by far the best scope for the price.

they also make fantastic affordable AEG's, my cm 16 raider combat machine has had some internal upgrades, buts it amazing out of the box, i'm just as effective as the guy with the £400 g&p rifle!

I'm waiting for one at the moment. I think they are by far the best scope for the price.

Will definitely have to update me when you first get hands on it, where did you buy it from by the way? Can only find one retailer in the UK that has them.

• Supporters

I've had a play around with them and they're very nicely made, the price seems high but if you think about it, the real thing goes for about £2.5k, so bearing that in mind they're an absolute bargain considering they share all the same features, multi-zoom 1x and 4x and an illuminated reticle.

Conversely though, you can get a proper 'scope' style scope, such as what sniper rifles are traditionally outfitted with, for less money, that have a lot more features. My sniper scope for example; variable zoom 3.5x to 10x, focus adjustments depending on range, and then another focus for fine tuning and an illuminator, for £95! Which when compared to a £40, 3-9x scope which would've done the job fine, seems really expensive, but when compared to the £180 Spectre clones, seems really cheap, despite the additional features... So I guess the world of scopes is just a very confusing and senseless one...

Archived