Want an RIF which is cheap, reliable and effective.

Kaneweeks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had one my self, not a fan of the aesthetics but you can't fault the gun its self for the price : The G&G CM16 Raider-L.

Typically the majority of the Combat machine range are cheap, reliable and excelent for the price mate.

However, if you do go with the Raider, be careful when adjusting your stock, if you put it down to the smallest setting with the battery in you could end up in a bit of trouble! I was playing in a mixed CQB site, so was changing stock lengths a lot, ended up ripping the wiring out some how just by making it longer as it had become jammed!

Just had a quick look at one, it says it's polymer construction, except the barrel and stock tube.. I've not got much experience in full polymer builds, so was just wondering whether it was a good build quality?

Oh god that doesn't sound god! I dread to think how that happened lol.

Thanks mate.

G&G CM16s are good quality, even for polymer receivers, etc. Even the RIS unit is polymer, but you would be hard pressed to tell, except for the lack of weight.

As regards TeddyBhoys problem, the wires from the gearbox to the battery run through a couple of speaker type spade connectors to keep the size down to run through the stock tube, so they probably pulled apart when the top part got stuck. It's a fairly easy fix, once you remove the stock tube, to push the connections back together.

G&G Combat machine series are ideal.However,they do come with *Slight* problems.

The wiring used is really thin and weak,if you're going to be using it a lot,I suggest taking it to a tech to rewire it to use better wires further down the line.

The motors are not that great performance wise,but solid enough for what you're paying for.The Air seal on some models can be pretty bad,but it hardly affects performance.

The polymer construction is very strong.No need to worry about cracking it.

@RR01

I didn't know the Raider had polymer RIS unit,but I think there is a version with metal RIS.

Just had a quick look at one, it says it's polymer construction, except the barrel and stock tube.. I've not got much experience in full polymer builds, so was just wondering whether it was a good build quality?

Oh god that doesn't sound god! I dread to think how that happened lol.

Thanks mate.

The constructions pretty solid mate, I thought the RIS was metal when I first got it! I don't think you'd have to worry about breaking it unless you drove over it in a car or something lol.

I was running in woodland, tripped over a tree root and fell face first into the dirt; the gun took the full force of the fall as the barrel plunged about an inch or two into the dirt! Didn't break it though, just needed to get the mud out of the flash hider and I was good to go.

G&G CM16s are good quality, even for polymer receivers, etc. Even the RIS unit is polymer, but you would be hard pressed to tell, except for the lack of weight.

As regards TeddyBhoys problem, the wires from the gearbox to the battery run through a couple of speaker type spade connectors to keep the size down to run through the stock tube, so they probably pulled apart when the top part got stuck. It's a fairly easy fix, once you remove the stock tube, to push the connections back together.

Yeah forgot to mention it was an easy enough fix, more hassle than difficulty though, Spent about 10 minutes each time trying to get the buffer tube screw in! When it happened a guy at the site "fixed" it for me, but we connected them wrong, as it was early days I didn't realise and thought it was kaput. Got home and dismantled it, saw the error and fixed it myself!

G&G Combat machine series are ideal.However,they do come with *Slight* problems.

The wiring used is really thin and weak,if you're going to be using it a lot,I suggest taking it to a tech to rewire it to use better wires further down the line.

The motors are not that great performance wise,but solid enough for what you're paying for.The Air seal on some models can be pretty bad,but it hardly affects performance.

The polymer construction is very strong.No need to worry about cracking it.

@RR01

I didn't know the Raider had polymer RIS unit,but I think there is a version with metal RIS.

Yeah theres several versions, I remember seeing one with a metal RIS

I just fancied a cheap RIF for a backup/spare gun for when a problem was to occur with the one I'm using now. Thanks for the help guys! Looks like a CM16 is on my shopping basket!

Archived