Hey (From Cheltenham)!

danaio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there!

My name's Danai (p. Dan-Eye) and I come from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

I'm only 14, almost 15, but recently I've got into airsofting and wish to join and team and start skirmishing - I'm aware that it's possible if I get all the paperwork signed off by parents (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

I'm currently an army cadet at Pate's Grammar School, and also a member of their shooting team. Every other weekend (or so), I head to Pirbright or Bisley for a day's shooting (either the L98A2 (Cadet GP), L85A2 (LSW) or the L81A2 (Cadet Target Rifle). Unfortunately I'm not able to shoot at the Imperial meeting this year due to a trip to Spain, but maybe next year!

I'm hoping to join the Army upon leaving sixth form, either in the regulars, but more likely, the TA.

I find that airsofting is a great way to express my love of shooting, and the army - and more importantly, put the military skills I lean in the cadets into action.

I currently own four airsoft weapons - two P90s (Well D90-F and D90-H), a GSG spring pistol and a mini AEG. I'm hoping to get a Double Eagle L96A1 Sniper Rifle soon - fingers crossed!

I'm mainly here to try to find a decent nearby airsoft venue (I'm aware that they are scarce around here), and also a nearby team to play with.

Well, that's about all I have to say about myself!

Danai

Hi Danai,

We have about a dozen of us from Cheltenham & Gloucester that play Airsoft together, mostly at F&O sites in Kidderminster (The Asylum & The Outpost), also at Malvern and occasionally at The Mall in Reading. There is also Spartan Airsoft near Lulsgate Airport, just south of Bristol and Dragon Valley, based on part of RAF Caerleon near Newport, South Wales. Excluding The Mall, those are the nearest to Cheltenham.

If you want to drop me a PM I'll let you know a bit more about the guys. We did have a couple of younger players until a year of two ago, but other interests have meant that they have given up for now. Apparently girls are more interesting that guns!!

Regards

Mike

Hey Mike!

I'll shoot you a PM now. I have one or two friends that may be wanting to join you too once they're fully kitted out!

Thanks,

Danai

Archived