Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FNG

Classic Army UMC/UMP.45

Hi all,

I was looking at the Classic Army UMP for my first AEG once my UKARA application is completed.

I like this AEG as the area I will be using it in will be a smaller outfield site; not quite CQB but I won't be using it to pick off targets at greater ranges. It has an advertised FPS of around 350-360, some downgrading may be required. Also, I'm not among the bigger of people; 5'8, so the size of the gun is desirable too. I've ran around with a Dragunov on my back whilst wielding a CYMA MP5 and I enjoyed having the option of switching from short/medium range to long range. The MP5 and UMP have similar specifications, or at least so I have read. I spent a lot of my time using the MP5 over the Sniper as the site is more about close up combat rather than longer ranges, so I have decided on taking a smaller AEG over a larger gun. It also fits in nicely with my price range, as I can't really go over the £180 mark. A little bit of research has suggested that there is a small number of upgrades that I can do in the future if needs be.

I was wondering if anybody has one of these and if they could let me know if this would be a good purchase? I hope so as I've really liked this gun since I first saw it in Matrix Reloaded and in media productions since.

If I do go ahead with this purchase once my UKARA is sorted next week, I'll be posting an initial review on here with a detailed performance review after.

Thanks in advance!

Don't get the classic army UMC, get the G&G UMG. It's what the CA is cloned off and is by far the best UMP on the market.

Also, the CA UMC doesn't exist anymore, so good luck finding one ;)

The internals on the UMP and MP5 are similar-ish I guess on the real steel, but that is where any similarity ends. The UMP is actually huge. It's got a very long stock on it, with no option to shorten it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my UMPs (I've got 2, one is for sale :( )but they handle unlike anything else.

my friend has the Gen2 UMG, got a M900 clone on the front of it and its a beast!!

Don't get the classic army UMC, get the G&G UMG. It's what the CA is cloned off and is by far the best UMP on the market.

Also, the CA UMC doesn't exist anymore, so good luck finding one ;)

The internals on the UMP and MP5 are similar-ish I guess on the real steel, but that is where any similarity ends. The UMP is actually huge. It's got a very long stock on it, with no option to shorten it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my UMPs (I've got 2, one is for sale :( )but they handle unlike anything else.

Gahh now I'm torn haha. I had my heart set on it xD

Regarding availability, there is literally one left in a store 15 minutes away in the car from me...literally one left hah!

I can't seem to find the G&G anywhere in stock either. :/ maybe i'm blind and missing the obvious

Try pro airsoft supplies :)

After some consideration, I'm still not too sure what to do. I do like the G&G UMG, however it's out of my price range :/ The CA UMC is £120 brand new from a shop near to me. I really like it but I don't want to go against the advice of pro-airsofters :/

Although, I can't get either yet as my UKARA is still being processed at JD-Airsoft in Stafford/Cannock...it's been a week since it was sent :/ Does it usually take this long?