Intel Collecting??

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I am going to be trying out a sniper role (after much thought) and i know its going to be intel heavy

I have my comms set up (hopefully so dose my team :rolleyes: ) and now i am thinking "what do i actually report??"

Just the basic Who What Where??

Or go slightly into more detail??

What do you guys think??

Thanks

Jack

• AF-UK Founding Member

Personally I'd just keep it short, keep it clear and concise though, as they aren't going to want you waffling throughout as it will probably be more of a hindrance than a help :D

• Supporters

report on these things:

1. targets they WILL meet if they keep going

2. Targets they CAN meet, if they want to

3. targets they should just leave alone as they are too far out to be worth it.

these can then be split into:

1. easily killable

2. a friggin tank

and also comment on the targets wariness, as you may spot half teh enemies team, but they may not be paying attention at all, so a small number of guys can kill em all off.

or again, if there is a small unit heading straight at your guys, but they basically are their top players, you can either say to avoid them or set an ambush of some form.

also, remember that being spotted isn't too much of a problem in the grand scheme of things, its being shot that counts.

when our team plays and depending on the site area we usually have a 2 man team out in the open or on an elevated postition talking all the enemy movements that they can see... they also direct our players to move to certain structures and so forth... at a site like UA we can lead our blind ground players to positons just by telling them where they are so they can find a route to get into fire postitions.

they arnt snipers though, and are certanlty not hidden. usually enemy players realise their role and target them, so we can counter attack.

when we employ this tactic, they are the only ones allowed to talk on the radio, everyone just has to listen and make sense of what they are saying... its like full comentry of the happenings around them

it works best for a defense situation.

Archived