A&K mk46

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all have seen an A&K mk46 full metal for £20 more than the A&K Masada I was looking at so now I'm I have abit of a dilemma. I have two m4 based gun one aeg one gas so do I need another m4 mag related gun. Do I pay £230 for licenced plastic gun or £250 for a full metal 2500 rnd box mag,m4 mag compatible gun, full front and upper received railed gun. Have seen a few clips on you tube and it does look the mutz nutz

Any feedback or reviews on this would be great as I might be getting this next week

Get the MK46 for those times you just want to rock out with your c**k out, the masadas need work on the hop out of the box and the quality to me is just sub bar to the PTS version.

The A&K M249 series are awesome, they only need a couple of mods which take literally seconds to do.

The hop unit needs a bit of thick wire insulation in there which is really easy due to the barrel disconnect system.

The trigger switch needs 3mm cut off of it and re-bending to the shape of the CA trigger switch which you can find pics online, again, easy job.

By the way, the A&K MK46 isn't actually a MK46 as it has the magazine slot for M4 mags, but that's just me being picky :P

Get the MK46 for those times you just want to rock out with your c**k out, the masadas need work on the hop out of the box and the quality to me is just sub bar to the PTS version.

The A&K M249 series are awesome, they only need a couple of mods which take literally seconds to do.

The hop unit needs a bit of thick wire insulation in there which is really easy due to the barrel disconnect system.

The trigger switch needs 3mm cut off of it and re-bending to the shape of the CA trigger switch which you can find pics online, again, easy job.

By the way, the A&K MK46 isn't actually a MK46 as it has the magazine slot for M4 mags, but that's just me being picky :P

Thanks for the heads up about mods think I swaying towards the MK46 seems to me you more bang for your buck (no pud intended). When I first saw the A&K Masada they where selling for around £180 unlicensed so for paying for a magpul name now.

Will look up these mods just need to find somewhere that sells the rnds that come form drum mag just to make it look a little more realistic

Flecktarn do belts of 5.56 ammunition for like £30 or you can get the plasticy ones for £15, personally I'd go for the real ones for £30 as you're getting like 50 inert 5.56's instead of like 10.

I forgot to mention, there's a box mag mod as well where you cut away a small slot on the feeding connector, a small saw and file job, just allows you to load the mag faster.

I used to have a A&K Masada and traded it for my A&K M249 (basically a MK.46 with a few external differences). I was very impressed with both of them for the price.

What style of play do you play? as they are very different sort of weapon and coming in at around 15lbs the MK.46 is not light and over twice the weigh of the Masada

I personally love my M249 but I know a lot of people get them and sell them off again as they don't like the play style.

Not too worried about the weight, I'm not into running and gunning I'll leave that to the youngster's lol. I like to sit in the bushes(under holly tree a great spot) and wait I will also lay down suppressing fire so others can reposition.

Have seen the hop mod now where did i leave that biro lol can't find the trigger switch one as of yet but am still on it, will now look to see if box mag is out there too. have looked at the M249's was going to go with the PARA but just happened to find the MK46, so I may swap out the stock also found some ammo belts real brass fir $16 so lets hope they can be shipped with no problem??? already have 552 to go on top rail.

What drum mags are compatible with the A&K ie Ares,G&P CA etc as I may get a spare box mag .did see on you tube how to wire straight to motor for instant feeding via very pull of trigger

have looked at the M249's was going to go with the PARA but just happened to find the MK46, so I may swap out the stock also found some ammo belts real brass fir $16 so lets hope they can be shipped with no problem???

So do you want the para stock on it then?

and I assume as you said 16 Dollars you're ordering from the states which probably would cause quite a few issues with customs, just buy them in the UK, you only need a 10 round link and thats £10-20 max

What drum mags are compatible with the A&K ie Ares,G&P CA etc as I may get a spare box mag .did see on you tube how to wire straight to motor for instant feeding via very pull of trigger

As for the *box mags (drum mags are different to linked ammunition boxes used in the M249) With the A&K only A&K and CA mags will feed. The A&K is a clone of the CA so they are largely interchangeable. Nothing from the Star/Ares fits the A&K and some limited external parts from the G&P will fit the A&K

And not quite sure what you're on about in the last bit...??

Don't think I will get the ammo links from overseas would only because they are cheap but don't want customs all over it like a rash, yes may swap stock as I've seen a mk46 with one on ( think it was a mk46) sorry did mean box mag seen a G&P one with markings on it that's why I asked .

You tube video was of a box mag which was wired to the motor of the gun, wire went under upper receiver down though one of the tubes into box mag to the mag motor so when trigger is pulled bb's instantly feed looked good on video.

Also one more thing sorry to be pain the arse can you run a lipo if so which one ( as I am thinking about getting a couple to run my M4 / G36's

Don't think I will get the ammo links from overseas would only because they are cheap but don't want customs all over it like a rash, yes may swap stock as I've seen a mk46 with one on ( think it was a mk46) sorry did mean box mag seen a G&P one with markings on it that's why I asked .

You tube video was of a box mag which was wired to the motor of the gun, wire went under upper receiver down though one of the tubes into box mag to the mag motor so when trigger is pulled bb's instantly feed looked good on video.

Also one more thing sorry to be pain the arse can you run a lipo if so which one ( as I am thinking about getting a couple to run my M4 / G36's

So is you're MK.46 coming with the sliding stock, the one that looks a bit like an M4 one?

I wouldn't know about that, seems like too much of an effort and I don't use lipos so not the best person to ask that

Yes it the sliding stock type looks like a chunky m4 stock . Not to worried about lipos as I've plenty of others

Yes it the sliding stock type looks like a chunky m4 stock . Not to worried about lipos as I've plenty of others

Yea, and you want rid of that for the Para stock?

I've never seen the point in the risk in Lipos personally, you don't need a massive ROF with a LMG anyway

• Supporters

There is no risk with lipos unless you're a retard Nick. Your phone battery may well be a lipo.

There's really not a huge danger increase over a nimh, mainly just hype.

These days there's no reason not to use a lipo or life battery.

• Supporters

and if you do get it but decide you no longer want it i can has it or trade it?

i'd only wire the box mag in to it if you don't plan on using the 1500Rnd Nutsack's (If you run a 7.4V Lipo In a Peq Box on the outside you'd find it easier to change the battery and you wouldn't wear the Clip out on the Underside (the clip's only need pushing back togehter with a set of Plier's so not a Big deal!)

Very easily, take out the barrel, a few allen key screws around the bi-pod lug and its off :D

Not especially quick but very easy

Well I must am very impressed with this beauty. Gun came in a big plain box. Once opened inside I was greaterd with the box mag,battery, charger, charger adaptor,fore grip and the gun itself. Gun is all metal apart form grip and the sliding stock

Now there was only one niggle I could find and that was the rear sight, being that when adjusting wind age the sight flipped up towards front,just needed clipping under the height adjustment (ten minute job) took the bipod off as I have a gripod which is now on. If normal bipod was to stay on there would be nowhere to put a fore grip or any attachments on also removed a pin and 2 sirclips just behind where bipod was, think this where the plastic hand guard would be clipped on for the M249. Just need to find where to mount a sling on the font ( could use hole where the pin came out ) but failing that I still got a magpul sling eye I could put on RIS. Will try and get some pics up soon.

my fake ammo arrived (15 rnds nice shinney brass ones not bad for £8 all in ) today just got to figure out how to get them to stay put and which way up ( am sure its clip side up??) pics coming soon

A place called military mart was online so may .com or .co.uk , £1.99 for 5 real brass and metal clips

Militarymart.co.uk that's the site info joy will put a link up as I'm on iPad and don't know how to do it on here. If you get to site inert is on left half way down

Archived