ARMA 3

Tariq
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alpha set for release in a few weeks. Game looks fecking amazing already.

http://www.arma3.com/

Prepare to get ass raped with PC requirements though :P

MINIMUM
OS Windows Vista SP2
Windows 7 SP1
PROCESSOR Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
ATI Radeon HD 3830
Intel HD Graphics 4000
GPU
MEMORY 512 MB DirectX® 10 RAM 2 GB
HARD DRIVE 15 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 10 GB free space
AUDIO DirectX® compatible on-board
OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate
RECOMMENDED
OS Windows Vista SP2
Windows 7 SP1
PROCESSOR Intel Core i5-2300
AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
AMD Radeon HD 7750
GPU
MEMORY 1 GB DirectX® 11 RAM 4 GB
HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 20 GB free space
AUDIO DirectX® compatible soundcard
OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

arma3_screenshot_37.jpg

arma3_screenshot_01.jpg

arma3_screenshot_28.jpgarma3_screenshot_04.jpg

Minimal requirments look good-Must be much better optimized than A2.I fit just in the ground between minimal and reccomended and my PC is 6 years old!

Cant wait to get my operator hat on and operate operationally In operational operations.

Already saving up monies to get it,might wait till its on sale.Just blew 100 euro on upgrades for my gun,so it may be a while.

Hopefully I can operate with fellow AF UK operators in Armas operational etc...

I have the reddit airsoftcirclejerk disease.

please kill me.

Boku ha watashi operator!

Already thinking about putting another £600 into my PC though :P

Max out all the games D:

Game looks great. Mods will make it though. I might try to make some for the community or at least provide patterns for camos. The new systems are very innovative, and you can now pretty much move an engage the enemy in any way you feel like from a stance perspective, such as going high-prone, low prone etc.

Customisation looks great too. I don't think my PC will run it well which is a shame. I've never seen the sense in spending £1k+ on a gaming PC that is out of date after 2-3 years of using it as technology progresses so fast and have never had enough games good enough to warrant spending that kind of cash. Shame it's not on console, though it'd probably water it down and it'd be pants.

Pre-ordered and just got into the alpha.

My god, just setting it on medium / high and its beautiful. All the pros of ARMA II but just as smooth and silky as BF3 :D

Why will the mods make it? ARMA II holds up on its own very well, and i can see this being a huge improvement.

Mods extend longetivity of a game, IMHO when it comes to graphics. For example, with the modding options that ARMA series has, you can probably put any camo into the game. So effectively, if you are into that kind of thing.. you can play as a particular unit that you've modded in. The game remains the same, but new graphics do liven things up. Infinity Ward and Treyarch have been doing it for years!

I want to get into the alpha, and I probably will but I need to pay off a few things first. I will be able to run it on the recommended settings easy :) which is nice... Although I do wish I had a better processor still. I have a few friends who make maps for ARMA II so I cant wait to see what they come up with.

Alpha is great, played some Escape from Stratis with a friend.

Alpha's great <3

I've got an i5 3570K (but not overclocked). If I run at Ultra I get shit performance but at High it's OK.

It isn't (fully) optimised yet anyway.

May I reccommend the "Paper Doll Gear Menu" mod by Dslyexci (from Shack Tac) It's really easy to download, and you can customise gear and weapons more easily, then copy the Init code to clipboard for later use in the Editor.

Here's the YouTube video:

More info (go here to download):
http://dslyecxi.com/arma-3-paper-doll-gear-selector/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Release is tomorrow!!! YAAY!

If you don't hear from me you know where i am :P

yet again Bohemia release an unfinished game.

no armoury and no campaign til October

If any of you get a chance I would recommend playing on our clans public server. Filter for 7cav and give it a go. Currently running invade and annex.

Archived