Starting on a budget

iiLink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There is an actual company called HK.

The real gun company is called H&K.

Go for a G&G rifle, their starter range are good enough for the longest playing airsoft veterans to buy and be satisfied with, they are spectacular value for money, have very good performance and the build quality is faultless, I expect what you pay for a G&G starter gun from some of the higher end guns in the £300 bracket and suffer greater disappointment. There's also a good range of choice, M4s, AKs, MP5s - all the most recognised platforms.

You'd be looking at £140ish for a standard M4 + batteries and accessories etc.

One thing I will say though, hiring is more cost effective that buying a two tone gun.

Let's say it costs you £40 per trip to hire, you need to do that 3 times to be able to buy your proper gun in real colours, so you play 3 times for £120 and then you buy a properly coloured gun, that you actually want.

If you buy a two tone, it will cost you more than £120 to buy the gun, you then still have to pay the fee to play on the site, which is usually around £20 per trip, so you'd be looking at about £150 for the gun, + £60 for your three trips, that's £210 before you even get UKARA.

Then once you get UKARA you'll want a proper colour gun, so you'll either paint your two tone and have to deal with it - in which case fair enough, if you don't care about getting a RIF then definitely get a two tone.

If you're unhappy with a two tone and want a proper RIF though, then you'll either buy a second gun, or sell the first and use the money to buy the second, both of which will obviously cost you more money than just waiting until you've played 3 games and buy a RIF from the off.

So I'd say just stick with it until you have UKARA, that's what I did. Is waiting really so bad? It gives you more chance to read around and see what you want to buy, as well as ask people at your site, watch videos on YouTube, ring the retailers etc etc.

don't mind buying a 2 tone as once I have my ukarf thing I would spray it camo anyway I did a lot of art in college I'm fairly confident with paint.and I want one soon since when ky babies born money will be tighter. But I can get a 2 tone now and upgrade little bits here and there

yes but not the same type of plastic ABS and nylon fibre are completely diffrent

Nylon fibre blended with short carbon fibre strands :D

Also, ASG cannot brand something H&K as Umarex hold the licencing.

• Supporters

Proairsoft Supplies are supposedly the UK's leading G&G distributor, but I got my G&G MP5 from Landwarrior - They give you free sweets with their orders and draw dinosaurs on the receipt if you ask them to. Obviously the better choice lol.

Proairsoft Supplies are supposedly the UK's leading G&G distributor, but I got my G&G MP5 from Landwarrior - They give you free sweets with their orders and draw dinosaurs on the receipt if you ask them to. Obviously the better choice lol.

m4 at £99 if I dont remember wrongly, and excellent staff!

then a battery & charger is needed, some bbs, some eye protection and you're ready for 1st skirmish!

as for mp7 and ump, getting mags is going to be a pain. start with m4/ak/mp5

m4 at £99 if I dont remember wrongly, and excellent staff!

then a battery & charger is needed, some bbs, some eye protection and you're ready for 1st skirmish!

as for mp7 and ump, getting mags is going to be a pain. start with m4/ak/mp5

just seen that Asia electrics is on land warriors list of brand names so I may phone them and ask if they know about the g36c even though they don't have it.and the mp7 I've been offered comes with 2 hi cap and 1 low cap . How are g&g on being upgraded?

• Supporters

They're quite limited to G&G external components, like body kits and such, but the internals are as free to swap and mod as anything else.

I must admit i always cringe a little when i see starting on a budget. I started on a VERY tight budget. I got my first rifle, a KWA M4 S-system, and 6 mids for under £90.

less than a year later i have bought a further 5 rifles, sold 3 of them again and now have 2 rifles that cost over £500 each!

NOTHING wrong with a tight budget just ensure you stick to it as airsoft can get very expensive if you let it.

Back on topic the G&G are def the way to go for a starter gun.

just seen that Asia electrics is on land warriors list of brand names so I may phone them and ask if they know about the g36c even though they don't have it.and the mp7 I've been offered comes with 2 hi cap and 1 low cap . How are g&g on being upgraded?

ok, fine.. dont listen to anyone.

you know what? go ahead, get the asia electrics. it'll be quite amusing to watch!

ok, fine.. dont listen to anyone.

you know what? go ahead, get the asia electrics. it'll be quite amusing to watch!

what? All I said was I mite look into it since its on a well known website. Asking never harms.its no different to me comming on here asking for advice

I must admit i always cringe a little when i see starting on a budget. I started on a VERY tight budget. I got my first rifle, a KWA M4 S-system, and 6 mids for under £90.

less than a year later i have bought a further 5 rifles, sold 3 of them again and now have 2 rifles that cost over £500 each!

NOTHING wrong with a tight budget just ensure you stick to it as airsoft can get very expensive if you let it.

Back on topic the G&G are def the way to go for a starter gun.

deffinately being pushed towards g&g by everyone

But what if I get a second hand one from classifieds. Am I safe to assume all guns sold on here are a decent brand?

No. Never assume anything!

I always google any gun I am looking into. There are always reviews on YouTube etc.

Archived