NEW CQB SITE IN CHESTERFIELD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

New Site Soft launch Saturday 09th March 2013

The Tac House: Spartan in Chesterfield, Robinsons Cotton Mill, Goytside Lane

For Sat Nav

Use postcode S40 2BL which takes you to the red lion pub on Chatsworth road, across the road is Factory Street, take this to the end and turn right onto Goytside Lane then drive through the silver gates and you have arrived....

Please follow the roadway only round and park near to the building

This old mill complex will be refurbished into a CQB arena complete with:

2 up 2 down double entry kill house

Favela and street run

Labyrinth objective floor

Dark basements hides

A purpose built safe zone to host 50 players

On site parking for plenty of cars

And

Vehicles that will be able to enter the building via the Favela street

It will be home to objective based games, time trials and mini milsims with other areas and games styles being developed as we go on.

We are now looking for 50 or so players to come and evaluate the site with a discounted £20per head soft launch on march 9th... No noobs (sorry but it Airsoft experience we are looking for) there will be no official hires however I will endeavour to accommodate a few if needed all players who book will be added to the list on facebook in the group page for Charlie Company UK

Site FPS 350 max on .20g (also minimum BB weight)

Pyro must be mk9 or lower and checked by staff on the day

BFG/VTG/Impact grenades are allowed with 9mm or 22. Blanks only (No 12 gauge)

Gr20/Tornado/T5 are also allowed

Please do not bring Teflon coated, nickel coated, carbon powder coated,ceramic, glass or metal rounds as you will not be allowed to use them if in doubt ask

So if this interests you send me a pm or add a post to this thread and i will get back to you

Thanks to all and especially Airsoft Forum UK

Charlie

Any questions?

Call 07791557620

answers to some questions asked

1. Gates open at 0830h and close at 1700h safety brief is at 0930 and games will run from completion of brief and chrono til 1630-1700 depending on start

2. Our on site shop has

Blaster bbs .20 x 3000rd bottle £8

Blaster bbs .25 x 3000rd bottle £9

Mk5 TLSFX grenade £2.50 or 5 for £10

Cloud Mk9 grenade £2.50 or 5 for £10

Smoke grenades £2.50 or 5 for £10

9mm blanks at 40p a bang or £3.50 for 10

Kickass gas large for £12 per can

And lots of deals on site for bulk purchase

3. Age limit is min 14 with parental letter of consent and if a guardian is to be present that is not the legal guardian or parent then they need to be named as guardian in the letter of consent that is signed by the legal parent or guardian.

4. We are hoping to have a working toilet ready for the day but its all down to the wire at the min

5. Insurance waiver will be on site to fill in at the beginning of the day you will only need to fill this in once and it will cover you for 12 months

6. Membership price will be £35 for the year and will cover you with UKARA Registration when you are eligible ( we are sorting our UKARA registration as we speak)

Hope this helps ... Any more questions just ask

Cheers

Charlie

• Supporters

I'm definitely down for the second game on the 30th, site sounds pretty immense and it's so close!

One question though, what will the walk on fee be? I know it's a 'discounted £20 for the soft launch' but what about after that?

Hey there; I'm interested in attending; if I can manage to drag some of my other lot down, please. :)

yeah no worries mate see you there...

I'm definitely down for the second game on the 30th, site sounds pretty immense and it's so close!

One question though, what will the walk on fee be? I know it's a 'discounted £20 for the soft launch' but what about after that?

Walk on fee will be £30 non members £25 members and we will accept THE STAN membership for members price

• Supporters

Any discount for bringing a team? There'll either be just me and a few mates, or anything up to 20 of us.

Also, is this an OpTac site, or a new solo venture thing that you're heading?

Any discount for bringing a team? There'll either be just me and a few mates, or anything up to 20 of us.

Also, is this an OpTac site, or a new solo venture thing that you're heading?

It's a new venture mate and yes we will sort out discounts for any teams over 10 players just text me booking info 07791557620

Gonna have to give it a miss now, unfortunately. No-one else is free to come with this weekend. :(

No worries mate we will be open both Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of march ...

• Supporters

Sweet, cheers.

How are things progressing with the new site?

Looking at bringing the team down (devils rejects) including the juggernaut, you will know us from our recent visits to the Stan.

The date we are looking at is sunday 14th April.....will the tac house be open on this day?

Cheers

Gaz

• Supporters

Hey Charlie, yeah if you're open on 30th I hope to be there...?

How are things progressing with the new site?

Looking at bringing the team down (devils rejects) including the juggernaut, you will know us from our recent visits to the Stan.

The date we are looking at is sunday 14th April.....will the tac house be open on this day?

Cheers

Gaz

yes mate can sort that for your lot send me a pm with numbers

This site now has a dedicated page built on facebook as the website is still under development please. Feel free to join, view and post @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/458449667561061/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

March 30th 2013 Tac House Spartan Review

Pros:

• Massive Car Park with buildings in far corner from entrance so well away from General Public interest.
  • Well laid out safe zone inc. 'airlock' 2 door entry to combat zone.
  • Good quality battery charger laid on.
  • Free Tea/Coffee - help yourself all day.
  • Price of Pyro's - £2.50 / £10 for 5 inc. mixed eg 3 bang + 2 smoke
  • Dedicated Test Range.
  • Map of Ground Floor Provided.
  • Good mix of indoor spaces: V Large Garage, Long Rooms w/ Wide Openings, Small Rooms, Corridors, Open Stair Wells & Tight Stair Cases.
  • Nicely laid out cover: you can't just hop from cover to cover, you have to work as a team or be reckless/brave to push forward.
  • Parked Cars to fight around/through
  • You don't actually need a torch in most of the low light areas to play effectively, but they help in some areas.
  • Enthusiastic Management: game scenarios are fluid and 'in development' so unlikely to get boring, plus plans for the site sound impressive.

Cons:

• No Working Toilet: the nearest is at The Anchor Pub on Factory St. which is a 5min fast walk.
  • No Chrono.
  • Pretty disorganised player wrangling: we started an hour late; no stringent checks on mags out before re-enter safe zone; dry firing in safe zone; people pointing weapons in safe zone.
  • Some spotty marshalling.

If I hadn't been there, reading the Cons list might well put me off, despite the Pros. Let me assure you that, taking everything as a whole, the faults are definitely not bad enough to miss out on skirmishing this site. They've hardly got going so I'm guessing toilets will soon be forthcoming. Considering that the management are experienced, the lack of a chrono is a bit damning, but, when you've got a lot on your mind, oversights happen.

The style of running the place is informal and relaxed, which, for the most part, felt comfortable. We were trusted to understand the potential dangers and act accordingly. A risk assessment was read out to us, however we had been in there a fair while already and liberties were already being taken with what I understand to be best practice, such as dry firing and aiming weapons in the safe zone. Yeah, it probably doesn't matter and nobody was hurt, but you can walk across a road without looking and, 99 out of a hundred times, you won't get actually run over: you're still a dick! IMO, part of running an airsoft site is protecting us from our own tendency to be dicks...

In game, the site is excellent. The architecture creates some natural choke points, which could easily slow play down, except that in most cases there are ways around them. The obvious exception to this is the doorways to the Large Garage / Favella zone which has a 'fort' situated against the middle of the back wall. At one stage I was alone in there and held off something like 8 enemy for close to 5 minutes using mid cap mags. The cover is set up in such a way that attackers can get past the doorways and, once inside the space, suppressing fire allows movement to cover close enough to the fort to neutralise its advantage.

After lunch there was the familiar drop off in hit taking and I felt this could have been handled better by the Marshals. Indeed one of the people I was with brought it up with a Marshal who responded, "What do you want me to do about it?" Er... do your 'kin job, mate!?! Anyway, we had a word with the management and the 'play hard, play fair' speech was repeated. IDK if the Marshals were also given a pep talk, but play improved remarkably.

The intention of the management is to create play which is fast and furious. They succeed. Hit Rules are either 'Medic by any Friendly' and/or close Regen Points, which the Marshals move up with your advance. The floor is sufficiently clear of debris that you can run around the place without much fear of tripping over anything, but equally you can creep around without giving yourself away by clattering. No matter how confident you feel in your own abilities or that the enemy are taking a pasting, there are too many places to hide and too many places where you can shoot from 1 area into another for complacency: you need a good swivel-neck and you'd have to be a Special Forces member to keep a calm and steady heartbeat!

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes

In a sentence: Some teething troubles to iron out but a promising site not to be missed.

Thanks for the Review mate and glad you came down ...

Some of the cons are in the process already of being sorted, Toilets are a main priority and once the logistics have been sorted there will be toilets

As for Chrono, that was my Bad as I have some of the kit for the site but was unable to attend this weekend

As for marshals they are getting used to the new site and some are new and work in progress

We will strive to make sure that the time keeping between games are kept to necessary time only and WILL improve just bear with us

Thanks again

Charlie

• Supporters

If I am completely, brutally honest, I didn't have an all too enjoyable experience.

I'd have had a much better day if I'd been to The Stan, I feel The Stan is better marshalled, has better scenarios, is a bigger site and a better layout.

I didn't like the "no you can't do that" and "no you can't go there" aspect of things, it's marked as a mil-sim style site, but half the time there was no option to flank the enemy at all, which just led to a lot of very annoying stand offs. It's not very apt to say it's military simulation orientated when flanking people isn't allowed because an area is out of play. Mil-sim is all about real life - Realism. How realistic is it to not be allowed to walk around the building, or go up a floor and come down behind them? Not very.

At The Stan, as you know, you can openly and easily flank people by going outside, changing the floor you're on and even leaving the building from one door and coming in from another, even on different floors. There are so many access routes into all the rooms and levels etc. that it just makes for a far more intense game. You have to be more aware of what's going on and keep a mental plan of where you suspect people are. The scenarios are also much more interesting than just, "You lot attack with infinite lives, you lot defend with only 3" which got boring after the second game.

Also, the marshalling I experienced was entirely from The Stan's regular marshals and I found myself wondering why they were even there. I have honestly never seen worse cheating in the 3 years I've been airsofting (except for one instance at Phoenix). There were two times in particular; the first I was with 3 others and we approached a corner, peaked it and called contact. One of us was then hit returning fire, so I peaked out and hit 3 people, I have it on camera and the angles were spot on, I know the gun and it simply isn't possible that I missed. Yet none of them took the hit and a grenade followed me back into cover, thrown by a dead person. Who then followed it around the corner to check we were all dead. It took the absolute piss. But being an honest player myself, I took it as unlucky and plodded back to regen without raising the issue. He didn't feel the hit, move on.

Another time 6 or so people were running down a corridor at once, filling the width of it and I emptied about 20 rounds into them all and no one called a hit and from what I could tell, no one stood around to be medic'd either.

My idea of marshalling is to deal with hit taking. If they aren't enforcing the rules, what are they there for? It's all well and good saying, "We're all big boys, if you feel a hit, take it on the chin" or "if someone's not taking their hits just give them a few on the inside of the thigh" or "you're here to shoot people, if someone isn't taking the hit, shoot someone else" because unfortunately, people are cheating assholes, the inner thigh isn't always visible and shooting anyone aside from that person, is just going to get me shot and allow them to move in and shoot everyone.

Unless it literally hits them on the chin, 16 times from 3cm away, a lot of people seemed to not be taking the hit. Especially when most of the time all there is to hit is a few inches of someones elbow or foot, which are all too easy to hide from people and shrug off hits, pretending it didn't happen. Marshalling properly ought to top the priority list in my opinion. Games need to be more engaging, the site needs opening up with more paths to attack from and I also think there needs to be more lighting, or at least some of the windows that are boarded up having the boards removed. Does it really need to be that dark? Trying to pull decent footage sucked, the camera couldn't pick up a thing unless someone had a torch on.

All things considered, I know the site is new and I know that The Stan by comparison is well established, so a lot of the above can all be solved in time. But I will think of The Stan before I think of Spartan when deciding where to go for a CQB day in future, at least for a couple of months until the new site has been fully bedded in and padded out.

What sucks the most for me is that you're no longer at The Stan, Chris =[ I think your antics, silly costumes and piss take knife kills are one thing that Spartan has going for it.

• 11 months later...
  • Supporters

Yeah, it's worth a go. Be prepared for some rough edges, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

Archived