so I went for a shoot today and....

bigshep
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Went for a shoot today to my regular site. Haven't been for a couple of months with work and other commitmants and was really looking forward to it. Had a decent amount of players per side, but not too many, but everything felt flat. Got to lunch (was doing a half day anyway as other commitments) and actaully felt like I was not going to miss anything in the afternoon. Just felt Meh abouot the whole thing. Didn't seem to be any banter at all. Spent most of the morning defending half the site on my own (all rest clustered elsewhere), couple of new marhsalls I have not seen before, who seem to have consistancy and personality issues and overall just felt like a very flat day all in all. Anyone else felt like that?

What site?

Under 18 games are very much like that at our site, although I've generally been with my friends at those times so we just accepted we were never going to win the games as all these players are crap, and set off on our own to kill as much enemy as possible. Which actually helped the games, despite being completely not the objective. XD

Personally I find that days like that happen during the colder months when people just don't seem to care. Quite irritating really considering the monetary expenditures.

• Supporters

Was it CSW by any chance? I think its felt like that for a while so I tend not to go there much anymore, maybe once or twice a year, makes it all the better on the few occaisions I do go.

There are plenty of other sites down south so might be that you just need a change.

I have a mate at work who's son is desperate to go, so looks like I will be taking them for a few games. I am now wondering where to take them. I may book them into GZ urban, as not been for a few years and that was always fast and fun. The ambush sites at Aldershot are starting to look quite good, depending upon how they set them up, so that may be an option as well. Ambush Southampton is a swamp most of the year, but very close action, and Ambush Portsmouth does not seem to have any further dates up (also near Wickham)

Only good thing I did find out was that my newly upgraded AK (motor burnt out, so I decided to do a few changes in the GB as well) has now gained a bucket of fps (should have been about 330, from 310, is now 375!), so needs a bit more work doing to it before I can use it.

So may be a trip to Bransgore is in order, sort of miss trying to get my fat arse in and out of nissan hut windows :)

Archived