Motorsport

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wandering who here (if anyone) follows any form of motorsport here? Who do you support/like etc?

Anything for F1 to motorbike stuff (whatever its called), its all worth discussing

F1 - Mclaren. Was also supporting Caterham/Team Lotus but now they've dropped The Fireman, gone for 2 pay drivers and have ruined the cars aesthetics I'm pretty put off them now.

Pretty much any motorsport I find interesting though.Cars, bikes, planes, boats. If there's an engine, I'm certainly into it. Unless its NASCAR.

• Supporters

I'm a Raikkonen fan (even if I cant spell his name :D )

but I spend a lot of time watching GT racing, even more so than f1 these days, last year I followed gt1 and gt3. though I believe they've been merged for this year or something, and the blancpain and world endurance championships. Big vita-4-one fan.

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Yeah Nascar does look pretty boring, though i would like to go to a race, just to see etc.

Anyway, what're the bets for Monaco? Mercedes of course finally have a good chance.

Hoping lotus can pull some decent positions out of the bag- though seeing grosjean crash in practice doesnt get my hopes up :lol:

and then we have the 24 hours of Le Mans in June, really, really looking forward to watching that- yes I do try to watch the full thing, I'm that sad :D

And then we have the 24 hours of Le Mans in June, really, really looking forward to watching that- yes I do try to watch the full thing, I'm that sad :D

Not that sad. I'm thinking of driving down and watching it. Tickets are quite cheap.

• Supporters

i used to watch BTCC, before they ruined it (my view) with smaller cars ... how is say a Focus a Touring Car???... just not as fun in my mind :(

there is too much money in F1 now :(

bring back proper GT racing :)

• Supporters

The fia gt series is worth a watch this year. Very short seasons but good hard racing. Loeb is driving a mclaren in it too if you're a fan of his.

Wish I had the chance to do so Tariq, maybe next year. Shame that even Toyota think Audi are going to walk it. Though with Porsche returning in 2014 it should get interesting, that's for sure. That said, I'm.still more interested in the gt classes.

• Supporters

The fia gt series is worth a watch this year. Very short seasons but good hard racing. Loeb is driving a mclaren in it too if you're a fan of his.

Wish I had the chance to do so Tariq, maybe next year. Shame that even Toyota think Audi are going to walk it. Though with Porsche returning in 2014 it should get interesting, that's for sure. That said, I'm.still more interested in the gt classes.

• Supporters

Spoilers, highlight to read

Monaco was dissapointing for me, wasnt too bad till that retard Perez hit Raikkonen.

Grosjean was on form though, hitting everything in sight.

Used to watch speedway occasionally when I still had a tv. Right number of wheels, short, intense, strong personalities :)

also occasionally went to watch motocross and trial.

motocross being the least interesting out of the 3.

Spoilers??? Still not out on the bbc yet :P

Well at least we know newey is a better engineer than a racer :P

Wasn't too bad of a race

• Supporters

Yeah lol, I think Tiff Needell took part in one of the rounds last year too. It probably doesn't appeal to huge numbers of people, but then neither does normal GT racing. As a huge fan of both GT and lamborghini, it's perfect for me :)

Though I'll have to miss the proper race tomorrow as there's no way I'm getting up that early. Luckily the Blancpain Endurance Series 3hr race is on so I'll probably catch that instead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

MotoGP man myself, although to be fair the last couple of seasons have been a bit dull to watch.

Archived