Losing a tooth in Stafford

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I went to Ace Airsoft in Stafford today (my third event, UKARA soon!). It's more of a combat games day than a full skirmish day.

I hired out and also took my SVD as a secondary.

During my run of 'the gauntlet', a somewhat overenthusiastic stag party member continued to shoot me after I shouted hit. As I turned to say hit again, my lower face mask/scarf came loose after snagging on a branch and the oncoming pellets hit my jaw as I shouted 'hit'. The BB's hit me from about 5-10 feet away and one hit my tooth, completely cutting the top part off. There was no blood, no real pain, just a sense of 'something isn't quite right here' as I spat out the BB and half of my tooth.

The marshals were quick onto the scene and stopped the game immediately with first aid at the ready (although there wasn't really much they could do).

So now....rather than spending my personal savings on my first AEG...that cash has to go on sorting out my tooth...yayy!

In terms of the day; the games were great, with games ranging from raiding a drug compound to capturing and interrogating terrorist leaders. A good place to go for new airsofters.

post-6740-0-14402500-1362262172_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

That's the point if the disclaimer you sign before you play, it's no ones fault but your own, regardless of the actual reasons behind the 'injury'

(Not saying this was your fault just that's how insurance sees it)

That's the point if the disclaimer you sign before you play, it's no ones fault but your own, regardless of the actual reasons behind the 'injury'

(Not saying this was your fault just that's how insurance sees it)

Yea I know; I wasn't complaining at all; more of a 'hey guys, check out my battle scars!' Haha.

I can't fault the site or the staff at all for the day, the games, first aid, anything. It was all very professional and a fantastic day out :D

• Supporters

Wasn't aimed at you mate,

I count myself lucky, been shot in the teeth several times, so far they're all still there :)

Wasn't aimed at you mate,

I count myself lucky, been shot in the teeth several times, so far they're all still there :)

Good to hear you're teeth are unscathed :D

Forgot to mention: A trip to the dentist this week solved the partially exposed nerve by literally glueing half of a tooth to the top; and it only cost £17.50. It's now about 80% present as opposed to 50%. I have to wait 3 months to see if more can be added, so I can actually now purchase my first AEG next week once my UKARA number is registered! Cannot wait!!!

After reading this I'm really glad I didn't stick with my shemagh for my lower face. Mesh for the win! Im surprised it didn't hurt that much though. I have a molar which had its nerve removed when I was about 14 because of wisdom teeth causing it pain. I later broke the tooth entirely on some unpopped popcorn at the cinema. So you're not the only one with half a tooth. It's just that mine is because of a less impressive reason.

I wish everybody who doesnt wear lower face protection best of luck in the future! It's kinda like winning a crappy lottery :P

After reading this I'm really glad I didn't stick with my shemagh for my lower face. Mesh for the win! Im surprised it didn't hurt that much though. I have a molar which had its nerve removed when I was about 14 because of wisdom teeth causing it pain. I later broke the tooth entirely on some unpopped popcorn at the cinema. So you're not the only one with half a tooth. It's just that mine is because of a less impressive reason.

I wish everybody who doesnt wear lower face protection best of luck in the future! It's kinda like winning a crappy lottery :P

Ouch; regardless of how a tooth injury is caused, it can be the worst pain imaginable. I had a molar in front of a wisdom tooth shattered playing football; took 4 months, 2 emergency dentist appointments, a gnarly tooth extraction and a load of painkillers to sort it out. Never fun to be in tooth-related pains!

And I can assure you; full face mask from now on! I'm very tempted to buy the predator face mask from the predator film franchise...I know it doesn't fit into tactical airsoft very well but it looks so cool!

Ouch; regardless of how a tooth injury is caused, it can be the worst pain imaginable. I had a molar in front of a wisdom tooth shattered playing football; took 4 months, 2 emergency dentist appointments, a gnarly tooth extraction and a load of painkillers to sort it out. Never fun to be in tooth-related pains!

And I can assure you; full face mask from now on! I'm very tempted to buy the predator face mask from the predator film franchise...I know it doesn't fit into tactical airsoft very well but it looks so cool!

A full plastic face mask is awesome but the vision is TERRIBLE. I have an army of two mask and I really have a hard time seeing as I have to be looking straight in the direction that I want to look at. For example, I want to not trip over a log on the floor, I have to literally look down to be able to avoid it. It's cool looking but I prefer my goggles + lower face mesh because it allows me to use 95% of my vision instead of about 60%

Well....I caved in to the full face mask :/

It just looks soooo awesome. I'd better get used to 60% vision. Don't want to have to wait for it to arrive though! That's always the worst part....waiting

We shot each other, accidents will happen and we are prepared to take the risk, no one should have to compensate someone else for something bad happening when playing airsoft normally. HOWEVER if someone keeps shooting from 5-10 feet after you shot dead 3 times (did you have your arm up?).. thats another thing and I definitely think the persons should pay the fees no matter how little or much it is.

saying that, got a teeth knocked out at work, the dentist did a splendid job and you couldn't tell now! cant remember how much but it was sub £30, then another visit in Sweden for free.

used to wear shemag, but it gets so hot and steamy so let it slip down a bit.. ate a few bbs and decided to get face mesh... since been shot at point blank (a few inch) in my face, just keept walking (friendly fire, already dead) while telling him not to worry about it.

what really sucks with your story is that you had face protection. that and that it happened while you where dead.

We shot each other, accidents will happen and we are prepared to take the risk, no one should have to compensate someone else for something bad happening when playing airsoft normally. HOWEVER if someone keeps shooting from 5-10 feet after you shot dead 3 times (did you have your arm up?).. thats another thing and I definitely think the persons should pay the fees no matter how little or much it is.

saying that, got a teeth knocked out at work, the dentist did a splendid job and you couldn't tell now! cant remember how much but it was sub £30, then another visit in Sweden for free.

used to wear shemag, but it gets so hot and steamy so let it slip down a bit.. ate a few bbs and decided to get face mesh... since been shot at point blank (a few inch) in my face, just keept walking (friendly fire, already dead) while telling him not to worry about it.

what really sucks with your story is that you had face protection. that and that it happened while you where dead.

Yea I was dead :/ The problem was that I didn't know who shot me. It was one out of several people and, of course, none of them owned up to it. I'm personally not that bothered though; it's a conversation piece and it made me look tough that day :D

Yea I was dead :/ The problem was that I didn't know who shot me. It was one out of several people and, of course, none of them owned up to it. I'm personally not that bothered though; it's a conversation piece and it made me look tough that day :D

yea absolutely, when kids say how they took a bb to the throat I tell them "so now you got a story to tell your mates! come on, the enemy wont shot them self!"... and yea, it could be worse, atleast you have a spine^^

Archived