girlfriend playing airsoft

adam bussey
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Even I think airsoft is kind of sad, I mean we are essentially running around pretending to be soldiers, and "pretending" is generally a very childish, pathetic thing to do.

But, I don't give a shit haha. It's fun, gets the blood pumping, it's a great way to keep fit and I love it.

If anyone's going to get to know me, if they can't accept that fact they can just piss off lol, whether they be male or female.

The fact it's called "airsoft" as well =/ it's the crappest name ever, makes it sound proper wet and kiddy.

airsofting is my guilty pleasure, but i love it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely wouldn't mention it on a first date! To be fair I never told my ex-girlfriend about it.... even when she asked what my hobbies were, I just figured it was easier to leave it out than explain it all :D

• Supporters

Kev Can i suggest something it's Called Untucking your F Ing Dick & Ball's and doing what we do and talking to a chick without being a dirty little Creep because one man dosen't objectify women like you do doe's not mean you should immediately take the Piss out of him

I love airsoft, but it has a bigger share of geeks than most hobbies.

For the record I'm far from a dirty little creep and I don't objectify women either. But I still think those comments are hilarious, most women would too.

As for "taking the piss", you need to get a sense of humour. My comments were far from offensive. I guess young lads who haven't had much success with the opposite sex take them to heart. :)

ahem, I will ask you to refrain from talking to people like that because I don't want an argument on this thread

I say go for it. My girlfriend isn't interested, she offered to come and watch but I guess its not really a spectator sport.

• Supporters

You never know, if she watches she might end up playing, worked for Mrs Nutster

If shes game for trying airsoft with you, I'd say go for it mate, worse than can happen is she doesn't enjoy it but you'll have a few funny moments to talk about.

I'm quite lucky in the respect my girlfriend encourages me to play despite not having any interest, she thinks its good for me to have a hobby lol.

I once mentioned to a girl that I like to go shooting through cadets. She hasn't spoken to me for 1 1/2 years now, so if that's the reaction to a relatively normal sport (Shooting's even in the Olympics ffs) then I would not be surprised at a negative reaction to airsoft :unsure:

So much white-knighting ITT,

But yeah, take her, the worst that can happen is she'll turn around and go "nah it's shit", which is hardly the worst of outcomes, and if she forces to stop you doing sommat like that, well, she'll hardly end up being the one. On the buying matching kit front however I wouldn't be prepared to do that, but then again I wouldn't buy my mum a present that expensive.

• Supporters

Well, there's an age old and important social mechanism at work here: a young buck has announced his presence and staked his claim to respect from the adult community. It's also true that embarrassment is an emotional response which appears to have no evolutionary purpose other than enforcing group conformity, which, for me and many of us I suspect, immediately feels like something to be approached with caution...

I mention the anthropology simply so that you Adam, and everyone else, understands that I have no particular malice in mind when I say that I too find this hilarious. Are you sure that you're "not like most guys", Adam? I mean, is it the idea of caressing her light bruises, or just talking about it which you object to?

Personally I'm with Chippins on the gift front, but if she's still around come summer, that's different. In that case, get an MTP shirt, not UBACS - an old skool buttoned shirt, nor MultiCam, and take it to a seamstress as the material from which to make a bikini. This is a win on 3 fronts:

1) it lets her know indubitably that you are not just a red blooded heterosexual male with a keen interest in seeing her almost naked, but a young man who is prepared to do something about it (trust me on this, so long as the former is welcome attention, the latter is a particularly attractive quality in males)

2) it tells her that you are not the jealous type but rather you trust her and are secure in the relationship, so you don't care who else sees her almost naked

3) have the seamstress include interior pockets in the bra cups for neoprene chicken fillets - this will let her know that you care!

i dont see many females playing this sport. i think its about 10:1 ratio.. last game i went to one woman was actually pretty good.. the other was enthusiastic but a bit of a tactical elephant.. we would be sneaking round trying to flank the enemy and she'd charge through giving us away.. we tried using this to our advantage by sending her and some other newish players towards the enemy creating a distraction so my squad could move in.. she decided she wanted to run straight towards us and we had to shoo her away..

you must teach your girlfriend the ways of the warrior.

I mention the anthropology simply so that you Adam, and everyone else, understands that I have no particular malice in mind when I say that I too find this hilarious. Are you sure that you're "not like most guys", Adam? I mean, is it the idea of caressing her light bruises, or just talking about it which you object to?

^ This. Don't kid yourself lad.

This is just my 2p and if it offends.....tuff!

Adam tell her everything about yourself and what you enjoy, dislike etc etc. Take her airsofting as thats something you clearly enjoy. If she likes it great if not no harm done.

If she decides not to be in a relationship with you based on the fact you go airsofting then good ridden to her! Same goes for the sad young lady that wont talk to your due to cadets. You do seem young in your ideas on relationships and this being the only one you will ever have. My honest first thought when reading your early comments was "seriously?? real world will be a shock!"

Your young, so have fun and don't let ANYONE dictate what you do or enjoy in life.

But back on the main topic.......take her along see if she likes it. I would advise against buying her anything expensive or airsoft related until she has been LOTS.

• Supporters

I've suggested to my GF of almost 7 years that she might enjoy airsoft and while she seems to like the idea its been almost 6 months since I suggested and she still hasn't come along to a single game day.

I've thought about buying a gun "for her use" but really it would be an excuse to get something small that could be my sniper backup. Like an MP5 as she complained that my ICS L85 would be too heavy for her. As for buying her something as a present, I wouldn't consider it, ever. Its not a very romantic gesture, "Here babe have a plastic chucking replica doesn't it just scream I love you". Nutster is lucky, one of only 2 people I know of in airsoft who's other halves love it almost as much as they do.

I could see this coming because this thread was theoretical I got dumped after the 2nd date oh well back to being mopy

• Supporters

If your still dating you can't get dumped mate!

And Don't Mope just move on go out with buddie's and have a good time don't feel you have to stop smiling if you see her (but don't look at her and start smiling after you've seen her it's just confusing and I CBA explaining how to turn it in your favour) the more she see's you smiling and laughing like it dosen't bother you she'll want you more and so will other girl's around her!

It's tried, tested and Proven (especially with my personal Trainee's!)

Archived