Noob

mattypug

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi gang!

I find myself looking for a new hobby! and my younger brother has been into airsoft for years> looks great, excercise, the outdoors and shooting stuff, what more could a man ask for (legally).

anyway, I live in Pembrokeshire and can't seem to find anything close? anyone have any ideas?

Also looking to break into my first proper AS gun!, not wanting to be a complete noob and go for one of those lovely two tone orange things, whats a good starter gun? if i am going to do it might aswell do it properly....

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mat

First of all, welcome to airsoft! :)

Looks like the closest airsoft site to you is all the way over at Swansea

http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ - This website contains most of the airsoft sites in the UK.

Also, to own a RIF (black/camo gun). You need to have a UKARA defence, which you can get by doing 3 airsoft games in no less than 2 months or no more than 12 months. So you might have to get a two-toned gun. Or you could rent a gun at whatever site you go to for 3 games and then buy a gun. Whatever suits you best. I hope this clears up things for you :)

First of all, welcome to airsoft! :)

Looks like the closest airsoft site to you is all the way over at Swansea

http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ - This website contains most of the airsoft sites in the UK.

Also, to own a RIF (black/camo gun). You need to have a UKARA defence, which you can get by doing 3 airsoft games in no less than 2 months or no more than 12 months. So you might have to get a two-toned gun. Or you could rent a gun at whatever site you go to for 3 games and then buy a gun. Whatever suits you best. I hope this clears up things for you :)

Hi Zak and thank you for clearing that for me, i guess i have to start somewhere? cant wait to get started. Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest as a good starter gun (two tone)

mat

Hi Zak and thank you for clearing that for me, i guess i have to start somewhere? cant wait to get started. Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest as a good starter gun (two tone)

mat

Depends what sort of role you would like to play, it's completely up to you. :) There are loads of different styles of weapons to choose from and you can always upgrade them to make them better. If you see a gun that is black, most retailers will get it two toned for you.

General rule: Never buy a gun that is under £150 as they are usually not very good. If you're not sure about a gun you like the look of, just pop a post on the forums and someone will answer your question.

Depends what sort of role you would like to play, it's completely up to you. :) There are loads of different styles of weapons to choose from and you can always upgrade them to make them better. If you see a gun that is black, most retailers will get it two toned for you.

General rule: Never buy a gun that is under £150 as they are usually not very good. If you're not sure about a gun you like the look of, just pop a post on the forums and someone will answer your question.

Thanks again Zac, looks like i have a choice M4 or G36 or AK

Personally, I'd go for an AK, because its my favourite looking gun and is probably the most different to what everybody else uses. But that's just my opinion. The M4 has the biggest range for customization though if you want a lot of different attachments on your gun.

Loving the cybergun AK, but I've heard bad things about cybergun. But they rebrand most other guns so you don't know what to expect. Also, it seems a little bit too hot for most airsoft sites as they usually only allow a max of 350fps for AEG's.

On the other hand, the G&G is supposed to be a very good brand. And that GR15 raider looks lovely.

Loving the cybergun AK, but I've heard bad things about cybergun. But they rebrand most other guns so you don't know what to expect. Also, it seems a little bit too hot for most airsoft sites as they usually only allow a max of 350fps for AEG's.

On the other hand, the G&G is supposed to be a very good brand. And that GR15 raider looks lovely.

lol your no bloody help......lol

lol your no bloody help......lol

he means that if you get the AK you dont know what you are getting and that you most likely won't be able to use it at most sites because it fires to hard

Trying not to biased B) But if it was me, id go for the G&G

Thanks again Zac, think your right time to get out the Credit card. Although i have just beeb offered a SRC G36 with gun bag, 2 batteries and 2 hi cap mags for £150.....any thoughts on the G36

Good gun they are ambidextrous and with the src ones you take out 3 screws and the entire barrel assembly comes out hop up and all so barrel changes are quite straightforward

Good gun they are ambidextrous and with the src ones you take out 3 screws and the entire barrel assembly comes out hop up and all so barrel changes are quite straightforward

I was just goimg to ask you that, cool cheers

I was just goimg to ask you that, cool cheers

happy to help oh also they are TM parts compatible

Quick question is it rear wired with a battery stock? Because thats a good set up so you don't have to fiddle with the battery in the handguard

Quick question is it rear wired with a battery stock? Because thats a good set up so you don't have to fiddle with the battery in the handguard

FRom the pics its afolding stock, so i assume battery is in handguard. I have seen a few vids on how to take it out, seems pretty simple?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.