Hey guys

FK19
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, im considering starting airsoft up. I have looked into a few guns ect and was really just looking for some advice and comments on some of the things ive been looking at.

Well first off, what is better gas or electric guns and what are the main differences?

I found this, is it any good? I really liked the look of it, and it is within my price range. http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/AGM-063-M4-...un_AQS9Q~0.aspx

How much does it cost on average for most Skirmish days, I have found a couple within about 15-20 minutes of me that range from £30-35 (with hire) is this expensive or a good deal?

Are side arms REALLY required, and should they be really good if so, or could I get away with a cheap one?

Also is there a checklist of things I will eventually need to accumulate and rough prices if possible? I can think on

Primary Gun- £180

Secondary Gun(?)- £60

Pair of boots- £40

Tactical vest/belt- £40

Trousers- £20

Jacket- £30

Eye protectors- £30 (I already have a set of ski goggles though, would they be ok to where?)

Thats about £400 all in, which would take me about 3 weeks to accumulate (well 2 if I decide to do nothing else, like nights out ect). Can anyone think on anything else I should look to get?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Have you played at all yet? £30-£35 is pretty good and that way you can get you can do your 3 games in no less than 2 months and have a defence for buying an RIF. Also gives you a chance to check out other people stuff as something there might sway you :)

First of all Welcome :)

I wouldnt say pistols are NEEDED there more of a back-up that you never really use

I think its more of a thing you get when you progress in the sport

Now with Electric (AEGs) and Gas (GBB) Guns its all to do with the type off propulsion

If your thinking about a GBB Rifle its not the best starter rifle due to the fact there exspensive and the thing will all gas guns is the FPS (the speed the BB comes out of the barrel) can change due to the outside temp

AEGs are the more popluar type of gun due to the fact their cheap to buy and run, consistent (FPS wise) and there are simply more varients of them so you can select you favourite type

And useing Ski goggles?? think about this you wouldnt use a umbrella to jump out of a plane??..... ok bad example but what i live by is you only ever have 1 pair of eyes so why cheap out on eye protection??

Buy yourself a approved pair of Goggles made for airsoft

One thing you need to remember though if you take a hard hit on your goggles buy a new pair becuase they could of been weakened

Hope this has helped :)

Thanks

Jack

Hey Devastator, I haven't played yet due to university commitments, but now that I have finished for the summer, I can get a job, and start playing. I have been paintballing a few times, and done some skeet/clay pidgeon shooting. So I can handle a gun ect (Would have got a gun license, but because of my age at the time I was considered un-suitable :( ).

Jersey, I take your point on the goggles I shall get a nice pair of protective glasses. Would you recommend staying away from GBB guns then? I know I won't really know what kind of gun I want to get until I have used a few, but I base my opinion on look alot of the time (I know its stupid, but its the way I am), and the gun I think I really would like is a GBB. It is only £180 so not as expensive as others I have seen.

The main problem I have is I wish to do it with my friend who works on sundays, which is when nearly every "walk on day" is in Glasgow apparently.

MMM yer its alright it says its a real gas guzzler though so you will be paying for more gas then usual

Also its only a 50 round mag which may sound like enough now but when you get out there you will see you need alot more

To buy a couple more mags your looking £60 (at around £30 quid each) that will only give you 150 rounds (with three mags)

I would still recomend a AEG first as one £20 mag holds about 350 rounds (depending on the type of mag)

Thanks

Jack

• Supporters

nice guns, perfect for beginners.

If I were you, Id get that, plus a foregrip (not on with a bipod in)

a few spare high caps (3 of them)

and if you can stretch to it, a suppressor to hide a longer inner tightbore barrel with better hop up.

that way for field/wood you can get a larger barrel and more range, then swap out the barrels and take the suppressor off for CBQ.

effectivly gievs you two weapons for the price of just over 1

Archived