Using Tape to make Two Tone

TokyoIndia
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Forgive me if this is a silly question but after a search on the net i cant seem to find a answer unless ive over looked something.

Are you allowed to use bright coloured tape to make a RIF airsoft gun into a IF two tone? Is there a rule that states if the weapon is two tone it must be done by painting it? Id much rather be removing sticky tape residue once im UKARA registered than having to set about re-spraying. I know there is the argument i could just wait and use rental weapons (which was my original thought) but the money saved from rentals would pay for a used weapon fairly quickly.

Thanks.

Yea thats illegal, you can do it the other way around, have an IF and tape it up for games but you can't tape up a RIF and claim its two tone. The law is mainly about the sale, and the seller would be selling you a RIF, just wrapped in tape not an IF and so it's illegal...

Nick is spot on. The 2 tone has to be "permanent" to qualify.

Thats why you can get away with taping up a 2 tone with sniper tape for a game day. Tape is non-permanent so therefore you are not manufacturing a RIF.

Archived