Any Londoners?

toanjuice
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Im moving to london soon and i've just fall onto idea of doing some airsoft, i've always been quite fine with my aim, so i was considering doing some Snipin', some of you mentioned some battlegrounds to play on, and i was wondering if there is a space in those for a sniper ? i really like the idea of l96 doing some cover for team ...ey ?

Cheers

Hello guys,

Im moving to london soon and i've just fall onto idea of doing some airsoft, i've always been quite fine with my aim, so i was considering doing some Snipin', some of you mentioned some battlegrounds to play on, and i was wondering if there is a space in those for a sniper ? i really like the idea of l96 doing some cover for team ...ey ?

Cheers

Only at the Woodland sites due to FPS restrictions for bolt action rifles at CQB sites. Otherwise you'd want to maybe think about a DMR role rather than a sniper so you can be more involved in the action.

Hello guys,

Im

moving to london soon and i've just fall onto idea of doing some

airsoft, i've always been quite fine with my aim, so i was considering

doing some Snipin', some of you mentioned some battlegrounds to play on,

and i was wondering if there is a space in those for a sniper ? i

really like the idea of l96 doing some cover for team ...ey ?

Cheers

Only at the Woodland sites due to FPS restrictions for bolt action rifles at CQB sites. Otherwise you'd want to maybe think about a DMR role rather than a sniper so you can be more involved in the action.

bolt action rifles are not allowed at TWA anarley end of story. Neither would it be a good idea, as the site will allow very little room for sniping. Locking your aeg to semi wont allow a higher fps either since majority of the site only allows semi anyway.

as for sniping in general.. there is 100 of threads with new players thinking starting of as a sniper is a good idea (look in welcome section or use search function). Basically it isn't. If you do feel that sniping is your call, get a good m4 (here's an EPIC starter kit for a good price, wont need UKARA either: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm16_transparent_starter_pack.html ), pop a x4 scope into it (ebay or second hand section here) and use it on semi(as in reality, an airsoft sniper does not have much more range than an aeg). see if you enjoy it enough to want to get a sniper, and if you do, at least you got a backup weapon for when the sniper is down or for when sniping isn't suitable.

I'd also think twice before I'd send an application to the team mentioned above..

hope to see you soon, where abouts in London are you moving to?

bolt action rifles are not allowed at TWA anarley end of story. Neither would it be a good idea, as the site will allow very little room for sniping. Locking your aeg to semi wont allow a higher fps either since majority of the site only allows semi anyway.

as for sniping in general.. there is 100 of threads with new players thinking starting of as a sniper is a good idea (look in welcome section or use search function). Basically it isn't. If you do feel that sniping is your call, get a good m4 (here's an EPIC starter kit for a good price, wont need UKARA either: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm16_transparent_starter_pack.html ), pop a x4 scope into it (ebay or second hand section here) and use it on semi(as in reality, an airsoft sniper does not have much more range than an aeg). see if you enjoy it enough to want to get a sniper, and if you do, at least you got a backup weapon for when the sniper is down or for when sniping isn't suitable.

I'd also think twice before I'd send an application to the team mentioned above..

hope to see you soon, where abouts in London are you moving to?

Hello, I'm moving to west london.

First off im not joining any team, im looking for nice community to shoot dead :D make it a little more realistic version of battlefield 3 :D

Second, TWA got woodland site that one doesnt allow snipers too ?

I will consider having something like m4 if its a accurate weapon, id rather stay back do some DMR roles as mentioned, so 4 times scope would be good.

One more thing, how often do you got and play ?

Thanks

First off im not joining any team, im looking for nice community to shoot dead :D make it a little more realistic version of battlefield 3 :D

I will consider having something like m4 if its a accurate weapon, id rather stay back do some DMR roles as mentioned, so 4 times scope would be good.

Thanks

if you get a good M4 or M16 and add a tightbore barrel and a good hop up unit you will get it to be quite accurate

Thanks

the M4 I linked is probably the best you can get at that price range.. I am quite sure woodlands will allow snipers, but why limit yourself to which sites you can play at? again, start off with an m4. if you decide to keep sniping, get one then. you will have to spend hundreds on upgrades on a sniper anyway before its decent.

as for playing. not often enough. too many commitments. but 1-4 times a month can be seen reasonable.

if you get a good M4 or M16 and add a tightbore barrel and a good hop up unit you will get it to be quite accurate

if he is like most starters he will not want to spend on a new hopup and a tight bore to start with?

I got to agree with two zero. Honestly a person playing support who eventually turns sniper over experience will be more useful than anyone. If you just want to take pot shots at something, just play in a garden somewhere with targets. If you want to shoot at an actual person, then being a sniper will get you about a kill only every 15 to 20 minutes. Not trying to put you off sniping but a good sniper is a person who've played enough to know how people move and react. A dmr role would be very effective. Btw two zero was you at anerley today?

I got to agree with two zero. Honestly a person playing support who eventually turns sniper over experience will be more useful than anyone. If you just want to take pot shots at something, just play in a garden somewhere with targets. If you want to shoot at an actual person, then being a sniper will get you about a kill only every 15 to 20 minutes. Not trying to put you off sniping but a good sniper is a person who've played enough to know how people move and react. A dmr role would be very effective. Btw two zero was you at anerley today?

nope. work.

Scotland and NCIS all the way

wrong thread.

Archived