UKARA/site membership an my first post!

spanner4000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

To buy a RIF (black/camo airsoft gun), you need a valid defence called a UKARA. To get this, you need to be 18+ and you need to play 3 airsoft games, in no less than 3 months but no more than one year. Your airsoft site will then give you a unique number which you can use to buy RIF's.

(correct me if any of this is wrong)

• Supporters

^ That's correct but not the only way of proving your a skirmisher to a retailer so they can legally sell to you

Being a member of a Site with insurance is ok but a lot of place's last time i checked don't accept it as a defence.

so you will be restrictedin what you can buy but you are still able to if you can find somewhere that accept's it

• Supporters

To buy a RIF (black/camo airsoft gun), you need a valid defence called a UKARA. To get this, you need to be 18+ and you need to play 3 airsoft games, in no less than 3 months but no more than one year. Your airsoft site will then give you a unique number which you can use to buy RIF's.

(correct me if any of this is wrong)

No less than 2 months, not 3. Otherwise, yes, well said.

There are also other defences, but UKARA is the only one recognised by online retailers, so it's the best and easiest to go for.

UKARA is the only one recognised by online retailers

Not true. It is the easiest one for them to check, but most of them will, if you contact them with details of your site membership, contact the site and verify your defence.

• 2 weeks later...

To become a UKARA registered airsoft player you are required to take part in three games in no less than two months at your local registered gamesite

To get registered on the UKARA database you should ask your site for an application form. They will complete the section confirming your membership. You then take that along to an airsoft retailer and they can add your details to the UKARA database. But note, only a Retailer can add you. Once you are registered, your site can then update / renew your membership after one year if you continue to be a member, but they cannot add you to it unless they are also a retail member (e.g. F&O sites have a retail arm, so they qualify as both site and retailer).

Archived