New player, Reading

TokyoIndia
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Im a student at Brookes uni in Oxford but im living with my mrs in Reading. I played airsoft for a day many moons ago when i

was 17 at a old RAF base some where in Essex. It was really good fun and recently ive found myself wanting to get into

it a little more seriously. I realised there is 'The Mall' site literally on my door step and with mid week student specials (so ive read) it seems id be mad not to go! Uni is a little busy at the moment with mid terms coming up, so im just searching as many websites as i can to get some cheap kit togeather. Ive also been watching Airsoft-Ed's (your SA80 is a thing of beauty) videos on youtube which led me to this forum :) . I was just wondering if there is anyone from the Reading area who has been to the mall or still regularly goes? Im a little nervous about turning up alone like a billy but hey, man up and all that haha!

Hey there :)
I'm in Herts, so a bit further away but I can still tell you that from two trips so far, the mall is amazing, and also since one of my guns was too powerful I had to use the rental gun which is a decent G36c, you won't be at a disadvantage if you rent a few times..so that's always an option, or, depending on how much you wish to spend on a gun, I have a friend in Reading who has pretty much all his airsoft stuff for sale since he stopped, I'll chat to him.
But yeah anyway as I was saying, the mall is a great site which I found to be fun. the games they play are pretty cool and enjoyable, and like most airsofters they're quite friendly..

Thanks for the reply,its sounding good so far. :) Yeah, i was planning to use their rental service until i had enough games under my belt for the UKARA registration and then at that stage if im still enjoying it think about investing in my own gun, need to make sure the urge to play is still there before shelling out large amounts of money haha!

Hey Tokyo....your in for a hell of a new hobby!!!...ive never tried the mall yet but I've done a few woodland days and they were ace...it doesn't matter if you turn up all billy no mates...I guarantee you'll make friends by the end of the day and screaming film quotes at your new best friends...just enjoy the ride my good man!

Tokyo hey, The Mall is my regular and to say it's awesome is an understatement. The Thursday night games are the best, though make sure you take a torch, it's a must as the basement complex is PITCH black. You 'd don't need anything fancy, any cheap LED torch from Maplins will get you started. Also don't worry about going on your own, everyone's really friendly and will easy get chatting to you if you let them.

Thanks for the replys guys! Really looking forward to it now!

Tokyo hey, The Mall is my regular and to say it's awesome is an understatement. The Thursday night games are the best, though make sure you take a torch, it's a must as the basement complex is PITCH black. You 'd don't need anything fancy, any cheap LED torch from Maplins will get you started. Also don't worry about going on your own, everyone's really friendly and will easy get chatting to you if you let them.

Thanks for the info! I'll add a torch to my list of things i need, the one i have at home proberly isnt up to the job haha!

If you fancy woodland Xsite Lane End is quite good, I live near Reading and its not too bad a journey, only about 40mins

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this as i had my first game last night. It was really great and i enjoyed it! For the first game i was rather reluctant to fire as i found it pretty difficult to id who was friendly or not, my previous airsoft experience was out doors so the mall is a whole new world, with so many different routes to flank around and sneak up. Not knowing where anything was added to the excitement but im looking forward to playing more and learning the layout so i can be of more use. By the later rounds i was happily plinking away and i finally got a couple of kills even thought one of them resulted in my own death but it was such a rush when i got someone! The staff were epic and really helpful and the groups i joined were helpful too. Being indoors there was obviously lots of ricochets which made judging hits a little hard but i called them even when i wasnt sure as i didnt want to risk being a non caller. Im sure with time ill learn the feeling, sound and layout so judging ricochets will get easyer.

Best moment of the night, in a tiny room with one other chap, he throws pyro through door, bounces of door and lands around 2ft from me, epic brown pants! lol

Oh i was the only person i could see wearing plce webbing so im sure i was easy to spot wandering around!

Archived