G&G Scar-L CQB Problems

CaptainDumbass
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently purchased a g&g scar l, and I fell in love with it when I took it out on the field. But I've had a few technical issues with mine, I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems or if anyone knows how to fix them.

My charging handle/ bolt handle is on the right side of my gun, perfect for lefty's but I'm right handed, does anyone know how to put it on the left side?

Also when I first got the gun, the selector switch was extremely stiff to change from safe, to semi, to auto. I know guns shouldn't have a loose switch as it can be dangerous, but my one was so stiff, in the field I would have to stop what I was doing and use two hands to change fire modes, plus my friend has the same gun and his selector switch is perfectly fine, not stiff at all. It was a nightmare. Then after a few hours the actual switch broke off because of the force I was having to use to change it, so I took it into the sites repair store and they fixed it back on, but the selector switch is still really stiff. I have no idea what to do? Is it an internal problem or something else? HELP!!!

Thanks

• Supporters

The scar L is designed to be ambidextrous so swapping the changing handle can be done. unfortunately I've never used one so I can tell you exactly how to do it maybe additional research / owners manual could help.

• Supporters

Real world operators that shoot right handed generally opt to keep the charging handle on the right side anyway, no chance of it getting caught on webbing or hitting you during firing somehow.

I know that in airsoft that doesn't matter, but I thought I'd throw it out there. There'll probably be a video on YouTube about changing the side it sits on.

Isn't there a bolt lock feature though? Just pull it back, lock it with the catch on the left side, sort your hop out and slap the bolt release catch. Simples.

As for the fire selector, I'm not really sure what it could be. Might be that the selector plate is wedged very firmly between the receiver and the gear box, making moving it with the fire selector difficult, or it could be that the gearbox and the body don't quite line up 100% so there's a lot of friction on one side of the selector lever.

Then again, it could just be a case of loosening a screw on the inside.

Otherwise I'm all out of ideas. Whatever it is, it'll require a degree of dismantling to figure out.

Oh I never knew that! You learn something new every day, haha. Thanks ill probably keep it on the right side then! Yeah the gun does have a bolt lock feature but it isn't the best, plus if you slap the bolt release, when the bolt flies back it makes a horrific sound, this happens to all the g&g scars I've heared.

As for the selector switch, I'm going to take it to the repair shop at my local field and see what they can do, thanks !!

Archived