Tracer Pinning

QuadMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was fighting down at London's CQB site Bunker 51 last night and an epiphany will laying down fire from cover. If you know the site you'll know that starting from the prison complex and storming up is a real challenge. The incline means your running up into fire while being attacked from both left and right flanks. I've knocked up a graphic below:

bunker_tracer.jpg

Now I'm the guy in the blue behind cover. At this point I found myself alone and, by chance, a clump of dead reds had just re-spawned as one and we're surging forward out of the prison. I pulled the trigger and without aiming sprayed full auto tracer over the whole area (as shown in arc). I jizzed a full mid cap. Now I didn't hit anything, but the tracer lit the whole room up, bouncing and ricocheting everywhere. The effect was profound, and the whole team went to ground.

The beautiful thing aspect of tracer is it can dramatically heighten the sense of threat, and make me appear to be so many more. I was able to stop a full squad in its tracks while my back up arrived, and without out it the guys would have had me.

You guys had any similar experiences?

Quite often, tracers are more than just hey look at me I have a tracer unit.

It really adds to the sense of threat and fear on the opposition as you say. Forces people in to cover.

Now I never spray a room with full auto. i work on semi but thats just me.

Very effective tool that people often overlook.

Yes mate...I know what you mean!

I use my tracer suppressor even without tracers at my woodland site just for intimidation purposes...many times the opposing team playes have said in the spawn it stops them in shock for a second before they react because it looks like real muzzle flash!...some players may say this just lights up your position but I have a blowback rifle and even if you cant see me,you can almost certainly can hear me!

happy hunting lads

Night game. Guy with a tracer completely gave his position away. We just snuck around and hit him from the side.

Follow the bright light guys :D

Quad, your diagrams are great! I like tracer. I play mainly at the Mall, and it just looks cool! Not too worried about giving my position away, at the distances involved at the Mall just firing does that admirably.

Archived