HELP! I need help on choosing these sniper rifles! L96 + M24

Jordan210
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay, I need your help on choosing between these sniper rifles -

UTG L96 AWP 368 Spring Airsoft Rifle

Javelin M24 Airsoft Spring Sniper Rifle

WELL L96 AWP Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle

I have been looking at the Bar-10 yes, but cant find it anywhere in the UK.

I am looking for a good gun out of the box, no accuracy issues and a decent FPS of 400-450. I've found these, but just need some recommendations on actual reviews that I can trust.

If anyone can find me a Bar-10 however, it will be considered :D

Hi, i have an upgraded HFC VSR11 for sale which is an exact clone of the TM VSR10 which the bar10 is a clone of. Ill be honest with you, the accuracy isnt "amazing" but 9/10 i can hit a thick fence post ( strainer ) at 45m ( approx 150ft ) I have a new hop up rubber on the way to see if that'll make a difference. It is two tone, so great if you havent got your defence yet. If your not interested just let me know and ill stop pestering you XD As for the guns you have given links for, they are from america, so you'll probabaly get hit with customs tax's and if you dont have a valid defence then they will most likely be seized seeing as they arent two tone.

I would recommend the L96 over the M24, for the simple fact it's got a 90 degree trigger set up. I have previously owned an M24 and it uses the 45 degree vsr model trigger set up. The 90 degree trigger set up doesn't suffer from slam firing AS MUCH, as the 45 degree trigger set up. However, if upgrade/replacement parts are very easy to get hold of, especially from airsoftsniperparts.com (ASPUK). Great site for sniper internals.

Overall, I would recommend the L96.

Land Warrior has a Bar 10 g-spec with scope. I don't think airsplat are in the U.K., but you can get the Snow Wolf M24 in the U.K. and i think it is nearly the same as the Javelin one. If you are new I would consider renting an AEG and trying a friends sniper beforehand if you are going to skirmish, to see which you like better, quite a few people end up regretting buying a sniper. Check out the topic "newbies with snipers" before you decide.

Land Warrior has a Bar 10 g-spec with scope. I don't think airsplat are in the U.K., but you can get the Snow Wolf M24 in the U.K. and i think it is nearly the same as the Javelin one. If you are new I would consider renting an AEG and trying a friends sniper beforehand if you are going to skirmish, to see which you like better, quite a few people end up regretting buying a sniper. Check out the topic "newbies with snipers" before you decide.

Awesome it of advice! I made the mistake of getting a sniper without trying the role first, £350 down the drain..

I've been going to airsoft for about a year with my upgraded CM16 Raider, and yes I have tried out a sniper before and quite like it.

I've been going to airsoft for about a year with my upgraded CM16 Raider, and yes I have tried out a sniper before and quite like it.

Great, another guy in the same boat as myself, starting out as a sniper. Personal preference would be the M24 purely based on the looks, even though my patriotism tells me to get the L96, but they are just too common for my liking. Performance wise I am not too sure if there is much difference but there is a hell of a lot of upgrades and advice available for the both of them, particularly the Warrior L96. It's just up to personal preference really.

Note: After reading this I realised the first sentence sounds sarcastic, it was not intended to be that way :blink:

Great, another guy in the same boat as myself, starting out as a sniper. Personal preference would be the M24 purely based on the looks, even though my patriotism tells me to get the L96, but they are just too common for my liking. Performance wise I am not too sure if there is much difference but there is a hell of a lot of upgrades and advice available for the both of them, particularly the Warrior L96. It's just up to personal preference really.

I agree!

Archived