Issue with WE Glock 18

FirestarterUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys, new to this so just getting into the scene.

Have a WE Glock 18 which i have just really bought to see what airsoft was about and maybe a pre cursor to having a go at a site.

The Glock shoots well but it wont always shoot single shots in single shot mode. its like sometimes it will and other times it will let 2 or 3 off automatic.

Would appreciate any advice or pointers to places that might help..

thanks in advance Rich

• Supporters

I can't really help I'm afraid but I know that other WE pistols have had similar problems, notably the M&P. I think it may be something to do with a sear. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.

im wondering if i have fixed this in some way, i took the top off and the spring and guide. i think this has to sit right in a hole at the end of the gun. i put it all back and now it seems fine. least i am hoping, thanks for some help MP

• 2 months later...

There are several possible reasons for this problem. it could be that the fire selector is loose and doesn't engage properly, causing it to occasionally slip into full auto for a second or two. Or it could be that the sear has worn down slightly (happens mostly in older guns) and is sometimes slipping. The most likely, given that taking down and re-assembling the spring and guide seems to have fixed it, is that the spring was not fitted far enough onto the guide and it was applying too much force. This would mean that the slide would cycle back far enough to load a bb and cock the internal hammer, while not far enough for the sear to engage. This would cause it to fire again, even on semi-auto, and stop when the slide does go far enough back. I have seen the same problem before and it took days for me to figure it out. Also, with glocks it helps if you lock the slide back before moving the selector switch, which might stop the same problem happening again.

Hope this explains it okay.

Archived