Companies and their ratings

toanjuice
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I agree with the majority of what Ed said, but I'm bored so wrote it out anyway

My stuff is based roughly on Ed's key for the numbers

King arms-6ish

abit hit and miss. Some are great, some as Ed has said are dire, really bad.

Externals are nice though, but on some items the paint is a bit thin.

G&G armaments-8/9

Performance is good, price is good, externals are acceptable. I'd say they

are the current benchmark for guns

Jing Gong- 7

A clonemake so of course there are some lemons, but JG are one of the better china

makes that's for sure.

I.C.S- 8/9

noparticularly noteworthy faults, make some nice innovative stuff. A tad

expensive on some items though and their newer stuff is downright ugly. Gets
extra points for catering to niche markets.

A.P.S-6

Nothing amazing, and average cheap make but do have some nice home-made designs and

pieces.

V.F.C-8 Can't complain hugely, lovely externals, nothing wrong with performance and do some

unique stuff. Shame about their gbb's.

Ares -6

Personally not a huge fan, For every good gun there seems to be 1 bad one which
isn't good at their price point. Have some good ideas and lovely looking/feeling guns though.

G&P-8

AEG's areabout the same as VFC, only really do AR variants and a few others, would be

nice if they stretched out of their comfort zone a bit.

Galaxy-4

cheap make,not really worth bothering with. Save up more for a JG

Well -4

cheap make AEG's, not really worth bothering with. Save up more for a JG. Sniper

rifles aren't bad for the price and a good upgrade platform.

AGM-5/6

nothing great, nothing notably bad either though.

CYMA-8

great AK's for the price. M14's arent bad either. Cheap and very cheerful.

D-BOYS-5

not great,tend to wobble. Not used any except AR's though. Haven't seen them about after
the chinese clamped down on clones.

JLS-5

Never heard anything good to be honest. Soundlike they're good at breaking +points for making

the first F2000 and an RX4

WE TECH-8

Getting better and better. Support is pretty good and getting better too very soon. Old
stuff should be avoided though.

Classic Army-8

another good 'benchmark' brand nothing hugely bad and the sportline series are ok too

LCT-8

Brilliant externals, shoot quite nicely too. Only ever used the RPK for a short period though

Magpul-6/7

Only make two guns, one has a few issues ootb and the other is too early to tell about. Seem to be expensive

maybe just for the name. Solid externals, not bad performance Teaming up with kwa is a good thing and should lead to some exciting stuff- im looking at you gbb ACR

Real Swords-9

Not really sure if they have any faults tbh? Great externals and shoot very nicely

too, only ever actually seen one though. (Ed I think their AR's have been shelved)

Tokyo Marui-8

Were the benchmark brand, getting on a bit now though. Their old aeg's are
acceptable but plastic and many creak a bit. The older stuff isnt up to the
newer gun's standards. Reliable though- both the AEG's and GBB's. Recoil Shocks
are lots of fun to shoot, perform brilliantly and sound great- pricey though.

SRC-7

not bad cheap guns, solid externals and the Gen 3 gb's arent bad either. Benefit from new

hops.

Systema-7

Nice guns in all senses but lack feedback-something I'd want from a "training weapon". Ridiculously expensive.

WA-7

Virtually non existant in the UK now, but their magna system is used in other brand's stuff.

Supposed to not be bad but anything higher than 134a will break them

Stark arms (vfc subrand)-8

Not actually seen anything of these yet but VFC's pistol sub-brand seem to get very good reviews

despite being new and vfc. Would wait to see long term reports

HK3-7

made the PX4 then pretty much dissapeared-
likely just to be WE's way around trade disputes- like Stark for VFC

A&K-7

some good some bad. LMG's and the ACR's

are a good buy. SR25's are a good base for dmr's.

Both elephant-3

Worse than smearing faeces over your own face. Do not try at home.

KWA-8/9

don’t hear much bad about them and haven't

seen any go drastically wrong. GBBP's work well, SMG's are good in the UK and
their LM4 seems to get good reliability reports too, even over here. AEG's are
solid too.

KSC-8/9

I'm not 100% sure of the connection to KWA, but produce mainly the same stuff for the asian markets

KJW-7

not bad performers but have issues with mags

Inokatsu-6

nice externals but for every good review on performance there's another bad one. Not acceptable for the price

Star-6

Same as early ARES (or near enough) stopped making stuff after the tar21 as far as I know.

G&D-8

only new, ptw clones and seem far more reliable than CTW's were/are.

Only seen them in use once but didn’t see any issues.

Celcius-6

another ptw clone. Loads of different versions and generations yet still seem to get loads of issues, still expensive

too. Good warranty though from stts

Dytac-7

New to the aeg scene but have made accessories for a while. Just another aeg with a tightbore and supposed better

gb. Not badly priced and good warranty from socom tactical

Army armament-6?

Pistols aren't bad but not heard great things about their l85's either- they feel solid though. Based on early g&g

design.

Madbull-6/7

make lots of accessories and goodmoscarts. Hear about issues with rails being out of spec though

which is pretty basic stuff- shouldn't be wrong at this price.

Tanaka-?

Old, not seen or heard about much now a days. Haven't heard anything drastic, probably the best starting point for a
gas sniper rifle.

HFC- never used so can't really comment.

JBBG sells some of their stuff so doesn’t bode well.

GHK-8

GBBR maker, do some solid stuff. Their kac pdw is meant to be pretty good. Only seen an ak, didn’t get to shoot, was pretty

solid and the owner didn’t complain. Gen 1's as far as I know had non-adjustable hops so get later versions. Show promise

Double eagle-2

Ah double eagle. There is a specialplace in hell reserved for double eagle. This is a brand that the world would

be better off without, they wouldn't be missed except by early teenagers andwould be no real loss at all. I

would rather bathe in a pool of my own excrement than own one. The tri burst shotguns aren't bad hence the 2.

typed this predominantly on my phone so I apologise for any ridiculous spelling mistakes etc

Cheers ed, that's a lot of info that useful. How about this. With each company we can have something like 6 different areas we can rate. How about these ones

External build quality

Internal build quality

Reliability

Performance

Pricing ( value for money)

BadAss factor

Sounds a good idea.

Might want to have VFC split into 2 categories :P They make great AEGs, but terribly unreliable GBB guns.

I think rather than BadAss factor there should be one for rep or gucciness, for instance while G&G may be good their CMs scream noob

Also agree with what tariq says about a AEG and GBB split

Ok ill add footnotes underneath each brand concerning things that might be deem particularly important. Any more idea guys? If you could take just a few minutes writing about the brands you've experienced and how you rate them, it would help immensely for me.

Archived