14mm thread

ooreilly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am still rather new to airsoft and I have recently started using a tracer unit. Soon I will be buying my self my first pistol and wanted to know if it is possible to fit a tracer unit with 14mm thread onto a pistol and if it is are there any pistols which are highly recommended?

Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Which tracer unit are using, is it a B&T unit? Curious to know how you know the thread is 14mm...

Yes it is B&T

I cant remember who said it but someone was there when I got it and mentioned that is has an opposite 14mm thread so turn it the opposite was when you attatch it to your gun.

Yes it is B&T

I cant remember who said it but someone was there when I got it and mentioned that is has an opposite 14mm thread so turn it the opposite was when you attatch it to your gun.

Gotcha, I want to make a barrel attachment but had no idea what the thread was or how to measure it. I can now speak with at least a little knowledge when talking to the engineer. Cheers

Most airsoft muzzle threads are 14mm CCW threads. Never quite worked out why. Some people say it's because a lot of RS moderators are 14mm threads (this is true) so the CCW thread stops you putting an airsoft mod on a RS weapon (which would be a monumentally silly idea for certain)

I've been looking for a CCW tap and die set for a while, but they all seem to be ridiculously expensive.

Archived