M4 Issue!

ArmyDeanus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Buy an armorers wrench, it's like a spanner designed for removing barrel nuts

Cheers Mate, I'll try this.

As above! You could try a rubber boa wrench which is easier to get hold of from B&Q etc, but it will get torn up in the process so only expect it to last a little while!

Is this a similar tool, to getting oil filters and fuel filters off?

Yeah - that's the one, very similar to an oil filter tool. That barrel nut is just screwed on, so you need something big to wrap round it and give you the leverage. I used to use a boa on my guns, but the teeth on the barrel nut tear it up eventually!

Try a set of water pump pliers, the ones plumbers use on the larger nuts on central heating, etc. That's what I use in place of the proper tool and it works fine. Just try not to destroy the teeth on the ring.

• Supporters

G&P Make their Delta Ring's extremly tight purely by accident (Dosen't help they put Some glue stuff on the thread's aswell) but it is a common problem that they are aware off so they made a few bit's and bob's to make it easier (If you have a Bench clamp that is!) basically you need 2 Human's 1 to hold the receiver and barrel, the other to use the wrench and both to be twisting to try and get it loose (Wear some glove's as i ended up with cut's in my hand's because mine was so tight)

Archived