Airsoft Forums UK

Px4 -TM v. HK

Airsoft Related Nickname
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone here have any experience with the HK Px4?

I have a TM and to be honest I have never been particularly happy with it. It looks awesome and performs ok...but only ok.

One thing I have noticed is that the slide doesn't always lock back with an empty mag. The reason seems to be that there is too much of a gap between the slide and the frame. The slide locking mechanism works fine but the slide still passes straight over it. This is happening more and more. The frame rails are really very unsubstantial and are not full length. I think this might be the main culprit.

So my question is this: What are the frame rails like on the HK Px4? Are they more substantial? Full length? Or do they just work better and hold the slide closer to the frame?

I may consider getting the HK version and keeping the TM as a back up.

Any thoughts and opinions on the HK gun would be much appreciated.

• Supporters

Am I being particularly dense or something?

...HK?

Pretty sure the hk is just a copy of the tm

I think so too but I thought that having a metal slide instead of polymer that there might be a difference with the frame rails. Or it may just have better tolerances.

Am I being particularly dense or something?

...HK?

A Taiwanese copy of the TM Px4 but with a metal slide: http://www.airsoftwo...etal-slide.html

I'm hoping someone here has got one because I am leaning towards getting one. It was my first choice but some "bigger boys" talked me into the TM :D I've regretted it ever since.

Irrelevant Edit: Just seen a WE Px4 Subcompact on Tiger111HK....it's sooo beautiful :D

• Supporters

I've never heard of them before... I thought it might have stood for something I was just being too stupid to remember lol

Well I think have sussed exactly what is stopping the slide locking back.

The notch on the slide that the slide catch slips into is a bit worn. It's just a little bit rounded but it seems enough to stop it catching. I guess that's one of the downsides of not having a metal slide. I guess I could get a replacement slide but I could just get a HK.

But first I am going to do a bit of plastic sculpting with a soldering iron/heated screwdriver to see if I can fix it :D

I've read on other forums that the HK is actually a WE, but it's rebranded for licensing reasons. One has full trades, the other doesn't - although I can't remember which one!

They get very good reviews on YouTube, are full metal and relatively cheap.

Well, I haven't managed to get the slide to lock back properly. It's not the end of the world but it is annoying to lose that feature.

I think once I have some spare cash (yeah...right) I will pick up a HK.

That's if I can talk myself out of getting the subcompact version :D

I have both the WE PX4 and the new subcompact. Both piss all over the TM version as I owned that one too. They aren't compatible bar mags as the slides are slightly different much like the XDM's.

Given the choice I would buy WE over TM. In fact my last ten pistols have all been WE ones.

So your WE Px4 is branded WE and is not a HK? Because the HK slide is supposed to fit the TM? But the mags are compatible?

If I am reading that correctly, that implies two things Firstly that the WE and HK are not as related as maybe we thought. And secondly WE sounds like a better option to HK then.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a WE Px4 for sale....guess I need to start looking :D

WE and HK are the same from my understanding. Mine may be a HK3 one but I bought it when they first came out and it has similar trades to the marui one so not the correct ones but close.

As far as I'm aware there are differences in the slides but not between the HK and WE ones only TM.

Ok thanks.

I've seen the HK metal slides being sold as a TM replacement http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p17164/HK3-Px4-Complete-Drop-In-Metal-Slide-Set-for-TM-Px4-GBB/product_info.html but I guess they might be specifically made for that purpose.

So basically I can go for a HK Px4 or the WE subcompact and they will be pretty much the same, better than the TM and have compatible mags.

All I need to do now is stop talking myself out of it :D

What can you say about the performance of the subcompact compared to the full size?

Well TM don't do a subcompact. Only WE do thus far an as to performance I don't know as I haven't even put more than a handful of rounds through it. Seems okay though. :)

Archived