AWA Herts site review

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As this is my first post on this forum, I thought I might introduce myself. My name is Aron and I am 14. I am a pretty avid airsofter, and I own three respectable guns and I have so much gear its flooding my bedroom!

Overview

Awa Herts is located in Sawbridgeworth, and it can be a little tricky to find the entrance. The first time I went my dad drove straight past it! Awa Herts accept player 12 and up, and offer rentals which I found to be very good. If you are renting you MUST book well in advance because spaced will up quite quickly. The staff and marshals there are always friendly, and they offer fast paced and action packed gameplay.

The safezone

Set amongst the trees is a very nice base camp, safezone or whatever you want to call it. Facilites include battery charging facilities, portaloos (YEY!) and a small shop where you can buy all the neccecities such as Pyro and BB's. There is usually a shop on site who sells guns and gear. The day starts at 9:30 and ends at 4:30.

Gameplay

Once you are all kitted out and ready, there will be a briefing and gameplay will commence. Two games are usually played at a time beofre you return to the safezone, with a 5 minute break inbetween the two games. There is a variety of gameplay such as the basic attack/defend, CTF and a personal favorite of mine, downed pilot. The FPS limit on all guns is 328FPS +10% which comes to a maximum of 350FPS allowed. This means that high FPS sniper rifles can not be used. This is a shame, but seeing as both teams start fairly close togeher there is not much use for sniper rifles.

There are two main playing areas in the woods. There is "the village" where most attack and defend games take place, and "the bridge" where there is a "who ever controlls the bridge at the end of the game wins" You get alot more personal with "the bridge" and a whole lot of Pyro and carnage goes on!

There are sometimes paintballers playing on the adjacent field and only once have we had a clash with them. It was quite funny really, both sides started shooting at eachother not knowing what was going on! Other than that there were no more problems during the say, apart from my shotgun which someone broke in half =(

My Conclusion

Overall I would give this site a 8/10. If it wasn't for the site being an hours drive away from me, I would give it a 9. Also a bit more veriety of games would be nice, maybe more of a Milsim kind of game. This my main site and I will continue to play at it for years to come

RECCOMENDED!

• 1 month later...

AWA did do a Milsim once and it was pretty good although it was only one day and fell a bit flat at times. Most of our team left so the last few of us made an epic last stand and well.... it was more painful than epic :P Anyway this was 3 years ago when I started Airsoft and they hold most of their big games at their urban hospitol site now.

Downed piot that is one of my favourite games too along with the one we play near the pheasant goup which is great for stealth because the grass is so long. Also I'm sure that there is a higher FPS limit for snipers like most other sites.

AWA did do a Milsim once and it was pretty good although it was only one day and fell a bit flat at times. Most of our team left so the last few of us made an epic last stand and well.... it was more painful than epic :P Anyway this was 3 years ago when I started Airsoft and they hold most of their big games at their urban hospitol site now.

Downed piot that is one of my favourite games too along with the one we play near the pheasant goup which is great for stealth because the grass is so long. Also I'm sure that there is a higher FPS limit for snipers like most other sites.

Im afraid its a no on the sniper issue. My warrior l96 got chronoed at 400FPS and the said I couldn't use it. Yu know that "all under 18's must wear a full face mask" rule. Does waring a balaclava/mask and goggles count as I see you wear those goggles and a helmet :) Im getting a replica PASGT for the next skirmish :) You going next sunday?

• 3 months later...
Im afraid its a no on the sniper issue. My warrior l96 got chronoed at 400FPS and the said I couldn't use it. Yu know that "all under 18's must wear a full face mask" rule. Does waring a balaclava/mask and goggles count as I see you wear those goggles and a helmet :) Im getting a replica PASGT for the next skirmish :) You going next sunday?

we've been playing thre for ages now so i guess they trus us im not really sure. I've never had any problems but your probabaly better off with a mask anway because its bloody painful when you get shot in the head... trust me. lol

we've been playing thre for ages now so i guess they trus us im not really sure. I've never had any problems but your probabaly better off with a mask anway because its bloody painful when you get shot in the head... trust me. lol

Yeah i guess I got a new tan mesh skull mask anyway which is really awsome and I can still look down my sights. Are you gonna dress up for the haloween skimrish this sunday? Im not i'd look like a retard lol

• 4 years later...

Bit late to the party I know.

However, accidently stumbled on some historical stuff about where AWA is situated and it turns out that it is located on the old RAF Sawbridgeworth site. Have done some dredging and posted some photos and information up on the Okto Eight Milsim group on Facebook. Probably of little interest unless you know AWA or have played there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.