Newbies with snipers

ostrich160
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hay...I don't mind if you want to be a sniper...its just the fact you don't see snipers in games sitting in a deep dark smelly hole for hours on end, just to get that one shot...

I'm a sniper, been one for a while and I know a friend who got a well warrior l96 for Christmas. So I showed him what to do and stuff but he got fed up of it and went back to his AEG. So now he's got a £150 sniper lying around his bedroom. Most people who get a sniper rifle don't actually enjoy being a sniper and eventually go to something else. Only a few stay.

Hay...I don't mind if you want to be a sniper...its just the fact you don't see snipers in games sitting in a deep dark smelly hole for hours on end, just to get that one shot...

Its a very acquired taste that :P Was stood nearly knee deep in a muddy stream waiting for that one guy to come running to the objective. He got destroyed XD (I was using a GBB HK416. not a sniper though)

• Supporters

^^^Need's to get Laid^^^

How very dare you. I'd bet money on me having got laid a lot more than most people my age - Including you lol - what with having been in a relationship for almost 6 years, until recently.

You're about 3 years younger than me too.

Get with it dood.

I win.

• Supporters

That's relationship laid that's just cheating... :rolleyes:

Beside's your forgetting i was 18 Twice! so more like 2 year's younger but not! :blink:

Doubt me still? the offer of a Lad's night out still stand's except we will have it in a Neutral City Next year where we will find out once and for all who the king is! B)

So ARE YOU GAME ENUFF SAAN?!?!?

That's relationship laid that's just cheating... :rolleyes:

Beside's your forgetting i was 18 Twice! so more like 2 year's younger but not! :blink:

Doubt me still? the offer of a Lad's night out still stand's except we will have it in a Neutral City Next year where we will find out once and for all who the king is! B)

So ARE YOU GAME ENUFF SAAN?!?!?

post-6210-0-74612500-1361909050_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Yup How many you benching and at what weight? Me Personally 70Kg with 100 Real Rep's none of that Pussy Get angry and do it fast sh*t

Do you Even Train Elevated Saan?!?! if not then get out of my kitchen because you JUST DON'T MATTER! B)

Edit: Mod's can we Get these corresponding post's moved into a Topic of their own where we can just go nut's in their without ruining this topic too much?

Oh god I'm so sorry but I just....have to...
It's a "Sniper rifle" guys-A "Sniper" is the name of the role, not the weapon system XD

But yes, I do have a sniper rifle, took it to a game in September, and hit a few guys, none of them went out though, put me off. I did see the bb hit the people...but whatever :(
I think unless you play at a site that allows you to have 400-500 fps Sniper rifles when the person would actually feel it, or you can hit a bit of skin (Maybe his crack when they bend over to pick something up??) then I find that people either don't feel it or just don't take it... that's why I want a lot more upgrades for my M4 and considering selling the BAR but not sure, Might fix it up (problem with the sear) and have another go. :)

• Supporters

I can't see an issue with new players sniping, as long as they are safe and outside the MED. I've been shot at from about 5m by someone who was running at 500fps using the heaviest rounds they could, the round missed the front of my face by millimeters.

Needless to say he was kicked off site.

I don't really do that much 'sniping' in it's common sense. Yes, I wear a ghillie, yes I lose my rifle if I put it down because the rifle ghillie is better than the one I wear, but I wouldn't say I 'Snipe' per say.

I prefer 'Huntsman'. I stalk people for half and hour, an hour, whatever it takes to find that shot. It REALLY freaks people out when they think they're safe then 'thwack'. I tend to then approach them and quote back any conversation they have had in the time I was near them. That's what entertains me most.

Maybe it's a bit revealing about my personality :ph34r:

• Supporters

Yup How many you benching and at what weight? Me Personally 70Kg with 100 Real Rep's none of that Pussy Get angry and do it fast sh*t

Do you Even Train Elevated Saan?!?! if not then get out of my kitchen because you JUST DON'T MATTER! B)

Edit: Mod's can we Get these corresponding post's moved into a Topic of their own where we can just go nut's in their without ruining this topic too much?

No, because I can't be arsed to shift them all and make a new topic. But if I do, it ought to be called, "Craig's ultimate BS thread"

70kg x 100? Buuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllshhhhhhiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzola. That'd be 7 tons in accumulated weight, you'd have arms like Optimus Prime. I don't actually know what I'm capable of benching, but I tend to have it set up for about 80lbs and do sets of 15. I prefer just doing push ups though, I have pussy wrists... Not sure what I did to them, but they're weak as all hell.

• Supporters

Nope it depend's on the size of your body and how you eat for instance my friend Daniel is smaller than me but lift's 120Kg and a friend that lift's 50Kg and is Bigger the bigger friend eat's a shit ton of food. That and Supposedly when your 12 you can lift a Vehicle (although because of Adrenaline it is Different) but all I've done is harness the strength my body naturally has acces too on a more permanent basis though (you've seen the recent photo's of me although about 6 month's ago on facebook I'm pretty small in those but my muscle's have Granted gotten a lot Bigger now)

tl;dr.. seriously, no new line?

So, what do you think about new players desire to be a sniper?

I always tell 'em the fps does very little difference to the range, and some sites wont allow a sniper. if you really want to be a sniper, start with getting an m16 and a scope and keep it at semi.

personally.. you pay for a whole skirmish day, get little to no action and hardly any kills? eh?

Nope it depend's on the size of your body and how you eat for instance my friend Daniel is smaller than me but lift's 120Kg and a friend that lift's 50Kg and is Bigger the bigger friend eat's a shit ton of food. That and Supposedly when your 12 you can lift a Vehicle (although because of Adrenaline it is Different) but all I've done is harness the strength my body naturally has acces too on a more permanent basis though (you've seen the recent photo's of me although about 6 month's ago on facebook I'm pretty small in those but my muscle's have Granted gotten a lot Bigger now)

I'm sorry, did I just spark an argument about who can lift the most? ;) BTW Craig, starting a fight with a moderator is like starting one with Chuck Norris. It just ain't happening. :)

• Supporters

Haha, yeah Craig. Shut up before I ban yo' ass :P

Haha, yeah Craig. Shut up before I ban yo' ass :P

Or..... you could be stealthy about it and edit his posts to say that you lift more :D

• Supporters

That would be far too hollow a victory. Threatening him to admit it himself is far more satisfying :P

• Supporters

What's tthis Mutiny aboard my ship Nah man! Time to crack the whip ten

@Zak if that classe's as a fight then then their's some Fairy's parading as Men!

@Ed Bring it! you'll have to find all the thread's that Violated but i didn't report it seem's you wait until i click that button though? =?

@Nick I'm gonna ride you like a Monkey...

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd........ back on topic....

My local site have a over 18 rule when it comes to snipers and they also have the "sniper certify" you before you can use one on site, basically a test to make sure you can judge distances

to play as a sniper you don't need a sniper rifle you can use an upgraded M4 or G36 with heavy bb's and a tight bore barrel then if it comes to it you can get stuck-in with the rest of the group when they get close!

for example I have an SRC G36 and it out distances some snipers and then if I want to assault a building I can and you can swap parts to fulfill more roles.

I can't see an issue with new players sniping, as long as they are safe and outside the MED. I've been shot at from about 5m by someone who was running at 500fps using the heaviest rounds they could, the round missed the front of my face by millimeters.

Needless to say he was kicked off site.

I don't really do that much 'sniping' in it's common sense. Yes, I wear a ghillie, yes I lose my rifle if I put it down because the rifle ghillie is better than the one I wear, but I wouldn't say I 'Snipe' per say.

I prefer 'Huntsman'. I stalk people for half and hour, an hour, whatever it takes to find that shot. It REALLY freaks people out when they think they're safe then 'thwack'. I tend to then approach them and quote back any conversation they have had in the time I was near them. That's what entertains me most.

Maybe it's a bit revealing about my personality :ph34r:

That's exactly what I love doing, great word to describe it, don't mind if I steal it do you?

I always tell 'em the fps does very little difference to the range, and some sites wont allow a sniper. if you really want to be a sniper, start with getting an m16 and a scope and keep it at semi.

personally.. you pay for a whole skirmish day, get little to no action and hardly any kills? eh?

It ain't always about the number of kills, it's how you get them. There is also more of an adrenaline rush being behind enemy lines close to enemy players, and a better feeling when you hit them when they think they are safe and hear "Where the f***k did that come from" and you see a mixture of :angry: and :huh: and :unsure: .

Then you feel :ph34r: , B), :D , :lol:, ^_^, :) .

to play as a sniper you don't need a sniper rifle you can use an upgraded M4 or G36 with heavy bb's and a tight bore barrel then if it comes to it you can get stuck-in with the rest of the group when they get close!

for example I have an SRC G36 and it out distances some snipers and then if I want to assault a building I can and you can swap parts to fulfill more roles.

But it just is not as quiet for those stealthy kills, and for assaulting a building I would use a CYMA 74u or something similar which does not cost as much money and without upgrades can still be used solely as a field weapon yet is small enough to carry with you.

yes but the hole thing about my play style is being adaptable!

That's whats great about airsoft, you can create a style to suit you, which brings variation. And the more adaptable a team is in woodland airsofting, the better they will be at overcoming objectives, providing that important teamwork link is in the chain.

That's whats great about airsoft, you can create a style to suit you, which brings variation. And the more adaptable a team is in woodland airsofting, the better they will be at overcoming objectives, providing that important teamwork link is in the chain.

Definitely agree with this, very much looking forward to assault positions with my M249!!

I love the sniper mantra... One bullet one body...but I love the involvement of the support/assault class...I will always enjoy laying down huge fields of fire and causing chaos amonst the enemy with lage volleys and harsh language!!!

Archived