New gun, Returning player

Army3.5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am a returning player to airsoft, so not a total idiot with selecting a new gun

My budget is £220 maybe £250 at a stretch, i mainly play indoors at arena airsoft so long barrel's just make the game harder, i use to have m4 stubby and liked it, but maybe wanting a change from last time,

i have been looking at ics mp5's but don't like the restriction of RIS rails only being on the top, could anyone recommend any guns in the price range and that will hold itself well in CQB battle's.

Some tips on ICS stuff would be great aswell use to have ICS stuff before but with being away from the sport don't no if there are other makes that have really upped their game or ICS have had a bad time

Any tips or pointers are much appreciated

Forgot to mention i am a very aggressive style player who loves to slide and jump over obstacles so need a hard wearing gun aswell so please keep this in mind

Knocking yourself running into a doorway is a stupid way to prove your to big to fit through

Like you I'm a CQB player, having never done airsoft outdoors. I opted for the SRC G36c, it's short and has a folding stock ideal for room clearing up at The Mall. It has RIS on all sides and the banana shaped mags are short enough to go prone with a bi-pod. The barrel end will take a tracer to, unlike its UMP equivalent They come it at around £190 so within your budget, and pretty much all plastic making them light enough to lug around over a long session. The only major drawback is the safety is pretty soft, not having the reassuring "click" of an M4. After a bit of wear and tear it tends to slip out of position, sometimes going from full auto to single shot on its own accord.

ICS are still a good reliable brand, http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/ICS-MX5-Pro-A5-with-tactical-Handguard--ICS_18.html#.URxLMWfF3Sg Here's an MP5 with rails for yo, I have had no personal experience with this particular model of AEG though, should be good though since it is ICS.

The G&G Toptech MP5s are awesome though, my buddy has one and it holds its own in woodland skirmishes, never mind CQB, not seen one with rails but G&G supposedly make one, hope this helps.

Archived