CASV fitting onto an ICS M4

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

will it fit? it's the split gearbox design, and if you know which makes fit onto the M4

Yeah - that's exactly what I have on mine. My lower is currently being rewired, but you get the idea from the upper.

The second pic shows a close up of the delta ring and why you need it - there's a channel in the CASV upper for the cog to go into when you clip it on. The ICS delta ring doesn't have this and is the wrong dimension!

casv2.jpg

casv1.jpg

So if i were to put some sort of Daniel defense rail onto my ics, i would need to change the ring? Is the ICS basically specific to only ics handguards then?

Thanks, last 2 questions, if I use a 14.5 barrel with the A frame front sight, will I be able to fit a bayonet on,

And do you think either a 8.4v 1600mah mini battery or a 9.6v 1500mah mini will be able to fit into the CASV?

So if i were to put some sort of Daniel defense rail onto my ics, i would need to change the ring? Is the ICS basically specific to only ics handguards then?

Pretty much - the ICS delta ring is none standard, so usually needs changing. Anything that is G&P compatible should fit.

Thanks, last 2 questions, if I use a 14.5 barrel with the A frame front sight, will I be able to fit a bayonet on,

And do you think either a 8.4v 1600mah mini battery or a 9.6v 1500mah mini will be able to fit into the CASV?

The silencer I have on mine in the pic has a cutout for the bayonet lug - it's still there, so I would assume that as long as there's enough of a gap below the RIS then one would fit. Pretty sure mini batteries will fit, but I use lipo batteries in all mine so can't say for sure!

Archived