Hate My Job & My Boss - Should I Quit?

Silent7Sniper7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Title says it all really,I'm currently working as a roofer, at first I was enjoying it, outdoors, exercise, great pride in seeing the job finished.

But are 7 months now my bosses true colours have been shown, he gets angry & everything & anything, I've had no previous experience or training before this job yet he continues to compare me to other guys hes worked with that has. Anything I get wrong he goes mental.

Now finding another job shouldn't be too hard, there a lot of places near me hiring, theres also where my sister works literally 3 min walk from mine. Only problem is to get stuff done for these jobs I need to go to agencies, get applications filled but they're only open on weekdays so im stuffed.

So options, stay & do what I can when I get days off during bad weather, or quit & work non-stop on getting a better job?

Just looking for opinions, no lectures please.

You say there are jobs available.

I couldn't even get a summer job back at a very understaffed Sainsbury's where i had worked there for 2 years (left at the end of the summer previous year)

• Supporters

Dunno have you mentioned it Before?

I Just suggested Engineer's because you Soft and your a Roofer so they go hand in hand (I Like doing the same stuff but i dislike the engineer's around my area so i'd never sign as one of them!)

Craig. You do realise your boiler/plumbing etc. "engineers" arn't actually engineers right?

Engineers require a solid understanding in mathematics and logical thinking. Not knowing how to fit a tap or wire in your mains circuitry in your house.

• Supporters

Tariq i Do know that But you do know about this thing called the Army and that they have a Corp of Engineer's right?

and if you would read my post's properly you'd know i said Army and Royal Before hand...

sorry, misread as saying roofing etc is engineers stuff.

Engineers corp isn't a bad shout.

Knew a guy who was an armourer in larkhill. Had it pretty cushy :P Although i think it was a MOD job, not army.

I would say it's time to move on mate. No point staying in a job you hate as you'll only end up miserable. I changed jobs almost 18 months ago after I was really fed up with my manager and the job itself and it was the best move I could have made. Love my new job and everything seems happier and better.

Just make sure you get something confirmed for a new job before packing in the old as you don't want to end up unemployed.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Archived