Tm mk23

gezer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I heard that tm mags are crap and mine leaks

So I plan on getting new mags but the question is what brand should I buy

And also where can I get a holster for an mk23 that's not from redwolf

• Supporters

TM mag's Crap which Numpty told you that?

Have you taken care of the mag and kept the Rubber seal's in working condition?

TM are the only brand of mag's worth getting for the Pistol, ASG do a Cheaply Made ReBrand that uses the same mag's maybe try getting those as their the only other compatible brand.

As far as I'm aware I think WolfArmouries, LandWarrior and Fire-Support do Holster's but I may be wrong.

If you don't like it you can pitch a sale to me if you want *_-

They don't like propane

And I just bought it so I don't know how good the seal is

Tried to do a ptfe tape mod but I couldn't get the base plate out

(got the pins out but it just wouldn't come out)

• Supporters

Propane is Just Green gas except it has No Silicone Lube stuff in it and Tm's are made to run off a less powerfull gas (One we actually use in can's of air to clean Keyboard's!)

usually stock Gas Mag's from TM are pretty darn good so i would imagine your still Good to use it.

it might seem like a douche thing to say but have you tried surfing Youtube for a Video on how to do it? I'll have look aswell but i may well see something and go off on a tangent and forget -_-

Propane is cheap, and I've looked on YouTube for a mag disassembly but no luck

The base plate just won't budge tried oiling it up and everything

There's a boss pin in the base of the mag & that's why it won't budge - it needs to be drilled out, I'll see if I can find a guide for you.

TM mags need a fill limiter to be removed before using higher pressure gases too if I remember correctly whereas the ASG ones don't - they are actually really good - MK23 mags are generally temperamental in my experience (yep, even the TM ones too - I have two friends that own them & they have had the same issues) as the magwell tends to be slightly wider than it needs to be & this can lead to stacking every now & again.

I came up with a fix after trying my best to put up with it (and after getting really annoyed at having to give the mag a smack before I got to shoot anyone lol)

If you have a problem with them feeding, try cutting a thin strip of the plastic that cakes from the supermarket come in (cinnamon swirls are always good for this I've found :) and glue it along the side of the magwell so as the ridge that you can see is bridged over then the bbs run over this rather than sticking together at the widest point. Worked for me as my ammo was sticking in the same place each time on all three of my mags - may not work for your mags so try at your own risk. Good luck mate.

Feeding is good, I think I'll cope with the mag, just thought it would be good if I could open it up and seal it.

Obviously it's not going to happen

I use propane, and propane offers no lube, so..... How do I get lube into the mag (on my 1911 I just opened her up and squeezed a few drops in and closed her again)

Do I squeeze some onto the filler part thingy majigy

you would put a few drops into the propane adapter before filling, ASg mags are as good to use as TM ones, just the lips are weaker, i run both, modded the tm ones to run propane no problems on either

if you want to mod them yourself, one one side you will see 3 pins, use a 2.5mm drill to a depth of 5mm, 5mm from rear pin prise out plug, seal the over pressure plug, seal around seal and refit

if you want a holster there are a few generic ones on the bay of e, which are not too bad, ive got one been using for last 6 years, still going strong

or if you want something a bit fancier on a large not so friendly forum, there is a bloke who makes them to order

Archived