New idea

TacMaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking about the market for 2 tone guns and I thought- how about a company which does a different kind of 2 toning, like where you can choose multiple layers of different colour paint for an RIF if you are unregistered. Initial thoughts were like this:

The unregistered customer buys a gun on a website, say firesupport. The site offers it's own 2tone service, but another company (let's call it CamoTone) has a partnership with them which allows them to be added to the upgrades list on firesupport. This company gives the customer multiple colour choices, patterns etc and the ability to choose which parts of the gun are painted through a web-based computer program, which won't allow you to pay for the service until you select 51% of the gun for painting.

In the program you can choose a base layer (let's say green) a primary colour in a pattern and a secondary colour in a pattern (both are optional, however the primary pattern layer is the main selling point) so the customer pays for their M4's handguard and stock to be painted green with either red stripes, flecks, boxes (think UCP digital pattern) or maybe various adaptations of camouflage patterns. Maybe bright green, red and blue DPM?

I know this is a forum full of RiF users, but do you guys think that this would be a financially viable idea?

• Supporters

it's still technically Illegal as it has to be one whole 51% of a Two Tone (Bright Colour)

and for anyone who say's no try it i dare you a Judge will read the law as exactly that because that is how it is written.

Aside from legal arguments etc I don't think it's viable. It would cost a lot to do a decent job of the camo patterning - even in two tone colouring. By the time it's been shipped to the third party, painted, stencilled (depending on pattern, digital being very time consuming) then shipped to the purchaser you'd be wanting a fair chunk of cash to the cost if you wanted to make money out of it.

Airsoft World do something similar http://www.airsoftworld.net/tigertone-gc-16-gandg-full-metal-combat-machine-raider-l.html but I suspect the cheapest way would be to get them manufactured in the two tone patterns in the first place. But as above, would that then meet the correct criteria to have them imported?!?!?!

it's still technically Illegal as it has to be one whole 51% of a Two Tone (Bright Colour)

and for anyone who say's no try it i dare you a Judge will read the law as exactly that because that is how it is written.

I think you missed the point craig, my initial idea involved using multiple layers of bright (key word there) paint in different schemes such as striped, flecked, boxed etc eg a base layer of bright green with bright orange/blue/whichever bright colour stripes/flecks/whatever.

• Supporters

I think you've missed the point, it has to be 51% of a SOLID bright colour, making it any sort of camo over the top, regardless of colour means it is no longer a solid block of colour ;)

What Craig is saying is that the 51% two tone, has to a be a single colour that is approved as two tone. The initial base layer you mentioned would satisfy that criteria, but the moment you layer up the other two tone colours on it to create a camo pattern, the criteria is no longer satisfied for example 50% green and 1%blue on this green would not be legal if I understand correctly.

What about if you did the remaining 49% and not interfere with the bright colour that is the 51%?

• Supporters

the name CamoTone sounds an awful lot like camel toe ;)

I thought that.

I also think camo-tone is a stupid idea. No one wants a two tone gun. Making the two tone a camo pattern isn't going to make it any better.

I thought that.

I also think camo-tone is a stupid idea. No one wants a two tone gun. Making the two tone a camo pattern isn't going to make it any better.

You're forgetting the thousands of unregistered players.

although UKARA registration would probably make anyone turn a blind eye to coloured guns.

• Supporters

I'm not forgetting it, I'm saying that the people who have to have two tone, don't want it.

It can't be made better without being made less obvious, not by making it even more obvious.

Besides, it can't be done, it has to be 1 solid colour.

• Supporters

You're forgetting the thousands of unregistered players.

although UKARA registration would probably make anyone turn a blind eye to coloured guns.

Are there really `thousands' of unregistered players?

It is so easy to get a valid defence that it seems only new players or those under 18 are likely to buy two-tones.

New players are probably better off hiring for their three games while they check out guns used by other players. For the under 18's it is only a problem if they do not have a friend/damily member who has a defence and gifts them a RIF.

It is so easy to get a valid defence that it seems only new players or those under 18 are likely to buy two-tones.

New players are probably better off hiring for their three games while they check out guns used by other players. For the under 18's it is only a problem if they do not have a friend/damily member who has a defence and gifts them a RIF.

Don't see how it's easy to get a defence, most parents nowadays are too busy to go to the criteria of 3 skirmishes unless they genuinely want to take up airsoft as a hobby, and actually I only know 7 or so people who own airsoft guns, and many players under 18 don't know others as airsoft is a minority in the hobby section of our modern society so it's highly unlikely that any under 18 knows anyone who has a defence.

TBH this was only an idea and you guys have taken it waaay to seriously.

We take the law seriously.

I wouldn't underestimate minors, every U18 at my local knows about UKARA.

• Supporters

Technically yes their are Likely to be thousands of unregistered Player's UKARA isn't a Legal Obligation as i'm sure you know...

Don't see how it's easy to get a defence, most parents nowadays are too busy to go to the criteria of 3 skirmishes unless they genuinely want to take up airsoft as a hobby, and actually I only know 7 or so people who own airsoft guns, and many players under 18 don't know others as airsoft is a minority in the hobby section of our modern society so it's highly unlikely that any under 18 knows anyone who has a defence.

TBH this was only an idea and you guys have taken it waaay to seriously.

"I only know 7 or so" I thought turnout to HTA was Bad with doing 10 or 20 a side but wow!

"you guy's have taken it waaay to seriously." Yup because your being the exact Type of half Pipe that made me believe Midget's shouldn't be allowed to play airsoft! it's not our fault you suggested a business idea and it was shot down so easily i hope that when your stuff hit's the deck you don't try and go into business and just remain at the bottom of the stack where criticism isn't as big a daily thing as a Managerial Position is or even starting a Business!

We take the law seriously.

I wouldn't underestimate minors, every U18 at my local knows about UKARA.

I should hope they atleast know about UKARA & Too right we take the law Seriously!

Technically yes their are Likely to be thousands of unregistered Player's UKARA isn't a Legal Obligation as i'm sure you know...

"I only know 7 or so" I thought turnout to HTA was Bad with doing 10 or 20 a side but wow!

"you guy's have taken it waaay to seriously." Yup because your being the exact Type of half Pipe that made me believe Midget's shouldn't be allowed to play airsoft! it's not our fault you suggested a business idea and it was shot down so easily i hope that when your stuff hit's the deck you don't try and go into business and just remain at the bottom of the stack where criticism isn't as big a daily thing as a Managerial Position is or even starting a Business!

I should hope they atleast know about UKARA & Too right we take the law Seriously!

7 or so personally from my school or at cadets, at my last U18 skirmish we had a turnout of 60 or more players and I don't recall ever seeing less then 40 players at that site.

Midget??? I'm 6'1", taller then most of my teachers and nearly all of my parent's friends. Probably taller then you! (but I'm not making any assumptions unlike your fine self craig)

edit: we do take the law seriously, I just didn't know it was illegal to have a gun painted more then 1 bright colour. We don't do things like break into abandoned buildings and use them as a CQB site or use public land/private land which does not belong to us.

• Supporters

didn't call you a Midget did i!

I used it as a Name for all Half Pipe's (Non-Adult's)

never attacked you personally so you m ight like to read it again!

Yup because your being the exact Type of half Pipe that made me believe Midget's shouldn't be allowed to play airsoft!

You're basically calling the U18 airsofters midgets, therefore affecting me. Why are you attacking this even now, I've realised that there are finer points of the VCRA which I wasn't well educated on since..so why?

I guess there will always be people who stick within an inch of the law, like a tortoise hiding in a shell. You can quote the VCRA bill all you like craig, but you're no better than me.

Archived