Are these parts VSR/APS2 compatible?

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Anyone know from looking at these parts whether they're compatible with anything already on the market?

Apparently the rifle is supposed to be fully VSR compatible.

Trigger mech - Right side:

image-11_zps212b2fe4.jpeg

Left side:

image-1-2_zps88d56e29.jpeg

Piston:

image-2-1_zps29eec6e8.jpeg

Spring guide:

image-3-1_zpsfb32df91.jpeg

What other parts should I look at upgrading?

the trigger casing looks quite likes my vsr clone's ( i say clone i mean exact clone ) although not exactly alike. The vsr's trigger mechanism casing is pretty much flat with no grooves or bumps , but its hard to say without seeing inside the mech. If its anything like the vsr trigger mech then its actually a breeze to open, when i first opened mine i was expecting "hundreds" of little springs etc, but there was like 7 parts all together inside it lol.

ill take apart my vsr just for you :wub:

heres the the pics i just took

vsrtrigger1_zps3d215fb0.jpg

vsrtrigger2_zps9eb0dffb.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah that looks more or less the same, I think the only differences are to do with how the safety works.

So it ought to fit VSR triggers...

Any thoughts on the piston etc? I looked at the parts ASPUK sell, and to me, all the pistons and guide rods and stuff look almost exactly the same, regardless of make/model...

to be honest i thought it looked more like an l96 piston, but then again you can probably get multiple designs of piston for each gun. Im guessing that vsr pistons and l96 pistons have different diameters and if that is the case, my piston head diameter is approx 2.5cm so if thats the same as yours then it gives you more reason to believe its also vsr compatible. I think your best bet would be to contact Darren who runs ASPUK and see if he has any experience with the gun, when i was having trouble upgrading my gun he was a GREAT help and i couldnt have asked for anything more, Rex

• Supporters

Yeah I've already spoken to him on Facebook, going to wait until he comes back to my regular site and then just time my trip to meet him, sort it out at lunch time or something.

• Supporters

I don't have calipers, but next time I have it apart I'll take some better photos and include a tape measure in the shot and get some rough measurements up.

Righto, looking at the photos and off the top of my head measurements....

Looks like it takes:

VSR Piston Sear

VSR Trigger Sear (need to confirm length to see if its the same as VSR or the longer version in TM L96 AWS)

Cylinder Head

Piston

Spring Guide

Set Pin - although located in a different place.

Springs 7mm (9mm outer diameter)

Cylinder looks a possibility but might need to double check the end piece of the cocking lever actually fits on properly.

I don't think other after market VSR triggers will fit because of the set pin (spring guide stopper) and trigger stop location.

What does the hop look like? Could it take DangerWerx hop levers?

The trigger casing is not unfamiliar, the HFC VSR uses similiar design.

• Supporters

If you take a look at the review I did, the photos on there are much better quality and show everything apart from the trigger mech in a much better resolution.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/14275-comprehensive-ares-aw-338-spring-version-msr-00678-review/

Which parts are the piston and trigger sears? I can get some proper measurements once I know what they are lol.

The hop unit takes a VSR style rubber and has a metal hop arm which just presses directly onto the rubber with 2 points of contact, the downward pressure comes from a grub screw which you can twist with an allen key from just ahead of the scope.

Archived