Need help! Not sure where to start?

Ouzx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been doing Air-soft for around 2 months and so far I've just used the standard G36C but it's not really to my liking. I have a budget of £300 and looking for a well rounded air-soft gun preferably for indoors so it must be under 350FPS. What should I look for in a gun? An do you have any gun suggestions?

If this is in the wrong section please tell me where to post. Thank-you.

Firstly you need to decide what gun you want. I.E. M4/M16, SCAR, AK, MP5 or bulpup design (L85)

Once you've decided we can help point you towards good guns from manufacturer's in your price range.

If you wanted an M4 on a max £300 budget i'd say G&G, plus battery & charger.

• Supporters

Try as many types as you can before you decide what to buy, I'd say.

People are pretty pleased to show off their guns usually, so they'll let you have a hold. See what shoulders comfortably; how the position and operation of the trigger, fire selector, and mag release suit your hands; how the position of the sights and stock length suit your eye position / neck comfort; overall length and weight suit your arm strength; how your off hand / wrist feels on a vertical foregrip compared to a horizontal hand guard; perhaps even what sort of magazine insertion style you feel happiest with, afterall you'll need to do it in a hurry and, unlike soldiers who must learn to do their best with what they're issued, you can choose push'n'click or rock'n'lock...

Firstly you need to decide what gun you want. I.E. M4/M16, SCAR, AK, MP5 or bulpup design (L85)

Once you've decided we can help point you towards good guns from manufacturer's in your price range.

If you wanted an M4 on a max £300 budget i'd say G&G, plus battery & charger.

Well that's the thing I weren't sure which gun, or model I'm even wanting. I was just wondering if anyone has found any wonders with a indoor BB gun and if so which one? Or any sort of gun that shines well indoors?

My mate has a CO2 Walther SSG9000, his fired pretty hot so he got it downgraded for sites. It's a great CQB weapon, not bad for £119. It can fire either 3 BBs at once or just the 1 at a higher velocity, amazing for room clearing :)

• Supporters

For playing indoors I'd recommend something short and light, an MP5 of some description, or a P90, maybe even a UMP. Definitely wouldn't go for something ridiculous like an M16. Remember that generally in airsoft barrel length has very little impact on range or accuracy so don't worry about that, FPS also shouldn't be an issue, if you buy from a reputable retailer they'll normally be able to downgrade the gun for you if you ask.

As others have said, have a go on other people's guns and find what feels comfortable to you!

You could search the forum for the hundreds of other "what gun should i get?" threads and have a read. ;)

Well, you mention indoors, fair enough £300 is a good budget for a CQB kinda gun as they are usually cheaper because less materials have to be used to make them.

My all time favourite is the KWA MP7 its gas I know but the delivery system on that gun is amazing and I easily fire off 2 full mags on 1 pop of gas. Means less gas used, means more money saved up. Or you can just go propane and an adapter to feed the silicone in.

Another amazing gun that Ive actually been looking at getting is the ICS CXP Concept rifle. You can get it either in metal or plastic. If you arent clumsy and you know you wont break it quickly Id go for the plastic as its around 120 quid cheaper. It foes for I believe 170-190 and the metal goes for 280-290.

Its a beautiful looking M4 platform and yes there are a ton of M4s around but this one actually catches my eye. I do believe you might have to detune it to 300-330 if you wanna play indoors because someone has told me it fires around 400 which is a bit much for a CQB gun. Dunno what ICS was thinking.

I cant remember who made it but a lot of people recommend P90s. They are tiny they are bullpup which means you get a longer barrel as everything is located right by your shoulder. Meaning more space for the barrel.

The TM AK74u is beautiful, fires 300 FPS, has a foldable stock and it is tiny in itself. All those features make it a great CQB gun and its TM so you are getting what youve paid for. Never heard about anyone having problems with these other then after some time the gears wear off but thats to be expected from a gun taht is mostly being used in CQB as you fire a little more then if you were playing in woodland.

Definitely get something on which you can mount a torch. Blinding the enemy is useful and you can see around dark places.

If you end up going for a gun which has no torch mounting options you can always get a helmet with rails and mount your torch there. I do it because its always shining where I look and not where the gun is pointing.

I have the MP7 and although the 40 rd mags which cost £40 each (mental) is a bit disadvantageous I love the feel of the thing, it is so loud everyone runs away from me when they hear me coming muahahaha! >:)

My second choice would probably be either the ICS CXP to try it out or the TM ak74u because its reliable and it already fires at 300 and for CQB you dont need a tightbore or anything. You just need loads and loads of bbs coming out of your barrel :P

Archived